VINE VOICEon 28 March 2014
Only lasted a month, and I only used it for my very short commutes to work and around town. At £40 this was pricey.

I tried to register it on Vodafone for top-up online, but had so much trouble registering (when I was sent a password reset, an error message came up on the lines of 'sorry we can't deal with you right now' after a chat room request for advice and one hour of wasted time, due to a slow computer).

As a vodafone contract customer, I was not impressed.

The widget itself: I often had to hold it virtually on top of my kindle dvice for it to register!

I was testing it as I am soon to be in a rural area in north Europe with no wi-fi connection. Not hopeful this will solve the problem.
on 12 March 2015
The device is light and compact. Excellent product, straightforward to use connects well to wireless Internet, it actually magnetise it. It doesn't struggle to connect and it stays strong. But you should call vodafone to activate it first. It's a great small and portable way of taking the internet with you when you're in situations where wifi isn't easy or practical to reach.
The downside is Vodafone pay as you go is expensive. Too expensive I would say. Sadly it degrades the value of this good product. The item was advertised as 2GB preloaded but it’s actually 1GB.
So overall the device is still good to have, especially if the battery life isn't an issue. Just make sure you check that you can't do better before buying it - with 4G now rolling out in many areas with significantly improved Internet speeds this won't be able to take advantage.
on 7 December 2014
Supposed to be supplied with 2 g of airtime.
Nothing on it. Impossible to get hold of Vodaphone - about ten telephone number changes later, finally got them.
Got the time loaded only to be told I had to use all of it in one month or I'd lose the remainder.
Could NOT get it working on my Kindle Fire so extremely disappointed - ended up giving it to my friend before my time ran out.
Not going to bother trying to network my Kindle again until something that WORKS comes out - buying a Samsung Galaxy Note4 instead.
on 13 April 2014
This should come with a warning that it is only suitable for very limited use within the UK. Anywhere else, the cost is a complete rip off and outside the EU it is criminal. It's cheaper to buy another device in a far off county than it is to use it for a couple of days.. The performance is poor, it takes a long time before I can use Viber on my mobile, it won't load YM at all and despite being told on my laptop that the signal is strong, it does not provide internet access.It's an emergency device only which I shall only use during the internet failures we suffer. I don't see why the access you buy has to run out after a month, that's just another example of shady practice and typical of the approach to selling this thing.
on 8 October 2014
It worked great with the preloaded credit, but as soon as I topped it up with £20 it hasn't worked!!! M I'm not the most technical person but all I did was top it up and tried to use it and it won't work, the concept is great but for me not so.
on 28 April 2014
Bought this mainly for the kindle and laptop as we were moving house as wouldn't be getting the internet for a month. Doesn't work and when i called Vodafone as suggested by other posts on here got absolutely nowhere! They didn't have a clue and call back promised has, as yet, not materialised. My advise is to save your money!
on 18 March 2014
It found that after spending almost two days trying to set up this mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot up without any success I gave up trying.
Vodafone were not much help, the Expert on the end of a telephone were foreign and hard to understand and they did not know what I was talking about!!!
on 14 November 2014
I'm happy with my purchase but not very happy with the price as i could of bought the same item for less than £25.00 from else where, I think the amount is way too high for such an item that i could get for a lot less
on 16 January 2015
Really complicated to top up credit once you have used the initial data allowance. Went into the Vodafone shop several times to get more data but each time was told that it would be working within the next couple of hours & each time still not working had to go back to the shop for assistance. Worked well for the initial data but basically a disposable one off device that can't be topped up.
on 26 February 2015
Very handy if there is no wi-fi, however, you also need a good quality vodafone signal to gain any benefit