on 24 June 2017
Leaked all over the worktop from day 1 for no obvious reason. Returned as faulty and will see if replacement does the same thing...
.... UPDATE...
The replacement machine does not leak and makes fantastic coffee- I clearly just got a dud one first time round. Worth the hassle of returning machine number one because this one is fab.
(Didn't give 5 stars because of quality of first machine)
6 people found this helpful
on 25 September 2017
Purchase of the year. Elegant, efficient, extremely well made, small footprint - it ticks all the boxes and makes great espresso. Ready in twenty seconds from switch on, then a few seconds between each pour, I really cannot fault it in any way. It even just switches itself off after ten minutes (or your programmable preference) so you really don't think about anything other than your supremely cremed coffee. It's also incredibly quiet, no gurgling, boiling sounds, it's fast, efficient and beautiful.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 August 2017
The only fault I can find with this is that it's a bit neurotic with regards to telling you it needs cleaning when it doesn't.
But that's not really a problem, as this machine is the business.
Really good espresso. It's ready to go in 30 seconds or so, and the outcome is great. Rich, dark and creamy.
The steamer is superb. And everything is both so easy to use and so solid.
It feels like a really high end machine when you use it. It's just got that effortless quality about it - probably owing to how well rooted to the sideboard it is. For under £200, this is a heck of a lot of coffee machine.
on 29 September 2016
I always used to enjoy my ground coffee in a french press. My partner would always jokingly call it posh coffee.
That was until I went on holiday to Italy and realised what 'posh coffee' really was.
Needless to say when I got back home, my 'posh coffee' just wasn't scratching the itch.
An espresso machine was needed! and this was my choice. It's a great machine. Compact and makes great coffee.
What more could you ask for?
4 people found this helpful
on 8 February 2017
I've only had this a week and I think it takes longer to master so I will come back to this.

First impressions: it is nicely styled and looks the part. It is compact but seems to have all it needs to work well.

It offers the option to choose your temperature which a number of machines do not. It makes a decent expresso. One tip is there are three small silver trays, one for a single shot, new for a double and one for pods. At first sight you have no idea which is which and it is critical you get it right. Look on the bottom and they are marked.

For the price it makes a good coffee.

Had it a bit longer now and I think this is a great value, deceptively simple machine.
on 20 December 2016
Fantastic coffee maker. Looks awesome and the coffee tastes great too. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly as some people are giving negative comments due to them incorrectly using the machine. All in all well worth it.
4 people found this helpful
on 20 March 2016
Have been using this for a while before writing a review and overall I'm very pleased with this machine.
The settings can be a bit fiddly to learn and initially the handle is quite stiff to fit, you have to hold the machine to twist it but this gets easier over time.
It's quite a versatile machine and can make everything from lattes to espressos.
WARNING! - Once you start making good coffee there's' no going back
on 4 January 2016
Whilst it makes good coffee etc, there is a design fault. After producing 1 cup of coffee, followed by steaming the milk, the machine has to be turned off and back on again to repeat the process for the next cup. If you make 1st cup you can follow that up with a second cup etc, but as soon as you use the steam function, the coffee function is not available without turning the machine off. To ensure a hot cup of coffee, the hot milk needs to follow the cup of coffee made.
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 14 October 2016
After using this for 3 weeks the steam icon flashed orange constantly. I contacted Delonghi customer service. I questioned if it was normal after just 3 weeks of use.They say this is normal - and I have to buy their descaling fluid. This is going to be a high maintenance product if I have to go through this process every 3 weeks just to get it to work properly. Here's their exact response:
"Yes this is normal. The machine is tested before it goes out to you which water will have run through it and also its a new machine, with new things you would use them more so plenty of water would have gone through it.

You can purchase descale solution from [...]

Kind regards

Kelvin Thurman"

Customer Experience Advisor
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 March 2016
Super good. I think for the price point you can't get better than this. It's been in overdrive since It arrived at my house. I my nicest part of the day is waking up and having a nice cappuccino it's a lovely little luxury. It performs really well and makes decent espresso shots. If you're some aficionado or picky just walk on by there are other machines for you which are outrageously expensive but for regular human beings this machine is amazing. Simple to use and very easy to clean. I just ran a descale cycle on it yesterday after about 3 months of regular use and it's as good as new.