Customer reviews

Fly Fishing: Fennel's Journal No. 5
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 29 August 2013
Fennel's Fly Fishing Journal hooked me, drew me in and landed me from start to finish. Fennel writes with style and passion; he is obviously in tune with the peace and tranquility of the countryside. But he knows the excitement and cententment of seeking out his quarry by casting a fly in far less privileged waters then those championed by Halford, Skues, etc. This will become a modern classic on flyfishing for us all.
However, I am concerned that he may have sold the family silver by giving away the description and dressing of the fly from his heritage that has consistently produced trout. Thank goodness fish can't read, but you can!
on 1 May 2016
Pass the message on after you have read this book
on 19 August 2015
absolutely brilliant
on 25 February 2017
Relaxed, charming, honest and focussed on the really important stuff; a thoroughly enjoyable read on a wet day, rain outside and the stove crackling. I am a learner fly fisher woman, and Fennel has sold the world of bamboo rods and home made flies successfully. Must read the other books in the series and I must book into the priory!