Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 September 2015
If you want to convert BC to ES E14 these do the job, simply.
on 17 November 2013
I wasn't totally satisfied with this product. The adapter adds a good cm/cm-and-a-half to the length of bulb, making the adapter unfit for purpose in small lamps, or the bulb will stick out. It can still be of some utility, but this "feature" should be made clear on the product description.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2015
Many of the lightbulb sockets in my house are for standard old-fashioned bayonet fittings (B22). This small adaptor lets me use smaller lightbulbs with the small screw fitting (E14) such as LED candle lamps and other small bulb lamps.

These units seem well-made, they're unobtrusive and do the job. I ordered 4 at once and all 4 were in good working order. Arrived pretty quickly too.

One extra reason these are handy is if you wish to put up clip-on lights around your house or in store cupboards etc. I have not managed to find mains-driven clip-on light sockets with the E14 socket (instead the bayonet-type socket seems to be most popular for these items). This adaptor lets me flexibly clip E14 bulbs all over the place too using a bayonet clip-on socket.
on 27 December 2013
I purchased this item to assist in EMC testing (interference from LED lighting), to adapt my B22 (Bayonet Cap) jig to small Edison screw (SES/E14). The adapter is quite well-made and as an experienced sparks/electrical engineer I do not foresee any problems with this design and implementation although I do think the screw could use a little more surface area for the electrical contact.

For interference problems with your electronics, please visit our forum: [...]
on 23 June 2014
I bought 5 of these to fit 1 lighting fitment. One of them has a short circuit on it as when I switched on there was a bright flash and the lighting circuit in my house fused. Nothing more serious thankfully.
One for Trading Standards I think!
PS they come from China!
on 7 April 2014
...and I received them promptly, but the bulbs I ordered (from another supplier) haven't turned up yet ;-) so this review is based on only two adaptors installed- though that shouldn't matter! The converter installs easily though you might find it easier to put a bulb into it and install the pair. The two I've used are fine an my new 7W LED bulbs are shining brightly!

I'm going to order some more for my mum & dad - they have multi-bulb light units with a total of 10 bulbs in their living room and they are forever replacing bulbs, so the simpler screw-fit should be a book for them.
on 11 July 2014
These worked out very well for adapting a standard B22 socket in a ceiling rose to be able to take an E14 SES LED bulb. Cost effective and no issues to date.
on 13 March 2015
I bought 3 of these - didn't see the previous 1 star review. Arrived in amazing time, thanks seller but I didn't get round to using them until yesterday. I screwed in bulb, put the whole unit in the lamp and switched on. The bulb didn't light so I gave it another twist to make sure contacts were meeting. Bulb lit for a few seconds then went out. Fuse gone. Replaced fuse, switched on fuse went. Replaced fuse and tried another converter. Fuse went. Replaced fuse & bulb, switched on, fuse went.
DON'T BUY.
on 26 October 2013
Trying to find an E14 fitting is like the proverbial rocking horse S""T so I was delighted to find a B22 to E14 convertor.

Delivery was quick, product was good and as it happens - I had just fitted the convertors today and they work very well.

What more can you say?

Well the convertor was purchased because I had a glut of E14 LED light bulbs as seen here - [...] and because I could not find a E14 fitting, these guys came up trumps.
on 23 June 2014
This adaptor seems well-made and is certainly a bargain. My problem -- and perhaps also for others -- is that the bulge above the B22 base prevents it from reaching the socket on the light fixture where I intended to use it. Hopefully I fill find other uses but it was disappointing. Check your fixture before ordering; it may work perfectly for some.