Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Size: 1 Sponge|Style: Complexion Sponge|Change

on 25 October 2017
Haven’t had these very long and already the centre bit is falling apart
review image
4 people found this helpful
on 4 September 2017
Used this brand of sponges for a while but this is the first time I've bought them on here, never had a problem before but these felt different to the Ones I'd bought from the shops, one has a tear in already after just a few uses and they don't feel as dense as the shop bought ones, they do a good job but just feel so squidgy compared to my others even without being wet, can't see them lasting very long and I've also seen them cheaper in the supermarket
on 2 April 2018
I have a Real Techniques one that I bought from Boots a while ago but these ones seem different. The sponge feels like there's a coating on it, making it have a more 'slippery' feeling which doesnt absorb as well as the boots one and it kind of just "sits" there on the sponge. I have to wet it a couple of times to get it to work better but it still feels like I'm pushing the product around my face than it actually going onto it, if that makes sense.
Won't be buying again and will just go get it from Boots next time.
on 13 February 2018
I love the shape of these, and the texture is fab too - they don't suck up all your foundation. I've been using them dampened, with a full coverage liquid foundation, lightly applied, just patted on, and I'm delighted - makeup goes on really dewy and natural, and lasts all day.

I've used a little baby shampoo to clean them, and that works well enough - you'll never be able to wash off the foundation marks entirely, but that's fine. Also, be careful when squeezing them - they can go misshapen, so be gentle when they're wet. Let them dry completely before using them again.

All in all, these are easily the best sponges in terms of use, price point and reliability I've found.
on 5 February 2016
I wanted to try out this beauty blender, because all of the brushes I've tried in the past left my skin looking dry. The best way to use this is to dampen it before use and it makes the foundation application smoother and it feels really nice on the face. I've suffered with dry skin for a long time and have been searching for something to apply foundation without it looking flaky and so far this is a massive improvement.

Pros: Feels nice on the skin, applies foundation really well compared to a brush, hard wearing, good price point

Cons: Leaves foundation stains after cleaning it.
on 2 July 2017
My favourite sponges by far. I prefer these to my beauty blender because I LOVE the flat side. I usually apply my foundation with a brush then blend it out with the rounded side of the sponge to get a completely flawless finish. Then I use the flat side to blend out concealer around my eyes and nose if I'm going to contour. It's also great for using with loose powder to bake. The flat side of the sponge is best for this since you can place it really precisely in straight lines for contour on cheeks. I would never buy any other sponge again! I recently tried the ecotools version but it really isn't comparable to the finish and texture of this sponge at all and I regret wasting my money trying anything else.
on 20 May 2016
love love love love love this!!! I've never used a sponge before when applying make up but after a make up course i decided to try one and its fab! i love the angles on this, i love it most for covering under eye dark circles, dab on concealer in a big triangle under the eye and use the flat side of the sponge to dab in and it stays perfectly.
Havent tried it yet for all over face coverage but the point it great for covering pimples too. love it and a great price, washes well and work great damp when applying make up too
on 31 July 2016
I purchased one a few months ago, but lost it somewhere and didn't get a new one because I didn't feel the need. Recently I realised how much better my makeup looked when I used this - I find it works better than my brushes as it gives a very nice, natural looking finish with no streaks - so I bough another one.
It arrived very quickly and was packaged well, but there was a very very slight tear in the side. Not an issue with applying anything, just the aesthetics.
When I ran it under the tap, it expanded well and then applied my makeup. It didn't absorb much product at all ( I was using bb cream and concealer) which I was surprised about as there is almost always an issue with sponges and absorption.
I found it gave me a very sheer coverage which is just what I wanted, and the tip concealed blemishes well, although I feel if the tip was a little bit more accentuated (is that the right wording? lol) like the beauty blender is, it could be even better, I used the flat side under my eyes which worked very well, and the rounded bit around the rest of my face. I have now had this one for a few weeks, and the first one I had I had for about 2 months, maybe more, before I lost it.
I clean it with soap and water, at least once or twice a week. I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it, but it works well for me.
Overall, it applies makeup very well and lasts a good amount of time.
It is excellent value for money and a very close competitor with the Beauty Blender.
on 1 December 2017
I have been using Real Techniques sponge for long enough to know this one is fake. As soon as I wet the sponge it went out of shape so badly and it has weird bubble and smell to it. The real one has a nice smell which is similar to their brush cleansing gel. The harder I tried to squeeze water out of it, the weirder it became. The texture is so different and it's like punching in my face. I bought it as a Black Friday deal but DO NOT BUY FROM HERE GUYS!
2 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 February 2018
Never knew what the big deal is about using cosmetic sponges but something I saw on Youtube made me curious so I got these.

Well, I’m an instant convert! I’m getting better results using less product. The shape is great to get into every tight spot.

I only wish they were white though, I use different foundation/highlighting shades and blend them. Being white would make it easier to see exactly what shade I’ve made.