Format: DVD|Change

on 28 February 2014
Just to inform other potential buyers I will list the subtitles to each movie in the blu ray boxset:
Shaun of the Dead: English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch
Hot Fuzz: English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Korean, Norwegian, Portugese, Swedish, Traditional Mandarin
The World's End: English SDH
on 29 December 2013
For £20 you get a fantastic bargain - I owned Shaun and Fuzz on DVD, but for £20 I thought I'd upgrade to BR.
What you get is the three films in separate Amaray cases, each with hours of bonus material (everything and more from the DVD releases) and each has an Ultraviolet copy.
The 3 Blu Rays are housed is a really nice metallic slipcase.

Shaun Of The Dead is an all time classic, Hot Fuzz (for me) is the low point in the trilogy and The World's End is by far the oddest of the three but with very strong performances from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

A great set- 10+ hours of bonus material, UV copies, and excelent picture and sound for all three films.
1010 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2014
The films are absolutely impeccable, love all three!

The casing was only very slightly damaged when I got the box set, something I always half expect when ordering such things online, but the big problem for me is the use of Ultraviolet as a digital copy in any DVD or Blu Ray. I can only say that Ultraviolet is utterly rubbish and not worth a second of your time. I saw that some people got put through to iTunes when they complained, but in my opinion the digital copies should run through something like iTunes in the first place because then they'd (a) be of a good quality and (b) they'd actually work properly.

But again, the films are absolutely fantastic, it's just a shame that Ultraviolet was chosen to accompany them.
77 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2014
These great films all in one pack at a great price , plus they all have UV with every film . They also have good extra's on every film , as I already the first two with the extra's on them but they didn't have UV . Having the UV I can watch them any were at ant time and when I watch the UV films they are clear and the sound is good , I would tell every one to get this dvd set .
on 4 June 2014
Brilliant comedy trilogy from the director Edgar Wright. My favourite in order,

1. Shaun Of The Dead
2. The Worlds End
3. Hot Fuzz ( Hot Fuzz was actually filmed in Edgar Wrights hometown of wells )

All the Blu Rays in the set are all Individual Cases.
on 28 January 2015
I love Edgar Wright's films. This Trilogy gives nods and winks to so many other films, as well as each other, but can be enjoyed even if you've never seen any of the films they reference.

However, if you're a film geek, it's like they've made them just for you
on 15 May 2016
Possibly the greatest trio of films ever made, Shaun of the Dead is the standout here providing constant laughs throughout, I'm not going to review the films as if you haven't seen them by now then shame on you. Was on offer when I bought it but would easily be worth the full price. The three films come in separate cases and have many extras if your into that sort of thing. Good picture and sound quality on all as should be for blu ray. Cannot recommend this enough.
on 6 July 2016
Such a brilliant trilogy. One of the best series of films in my blue ray collection. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are the highlights of the cast in this incredible Edgar Wright lineup, full of comedy, drama and few zombies to top it off. Definitely a must for anyone's blue ray collection!

Is it worth a buy? YARP!

5*s
on 18 April 2014
Love all 3 movies regardless and this box set didn't disappoint.

I'm no expert but I know when I've been given a blu-ray of poor quality. Overall the picture quality is great, the sound for all 3 movies was very good in 5.1

There's lots of extras too... but I haven't watched them yet.

When I got the box set, The Worlds End Blu-ray wouldn't play. I reported this and within a day and a half I had replacement! Very good service. Hence the 5 stars still.
on 14 December 2015
3 great movies, all together which will give you a lot more laughs than you could reasonably expect for such a small price for the box set. Shaun of the Dead is the zombie comedy that can't be topped, and Hot Fuzz takes it's police drama idea and goes full out crazy. The Worlds end is about ageing and reflecting, then goes a bit mad too... but rounds off the collection nicely.

There isn't really a misstep in any of the 3 films... and everyone will probably have their own favourite. For me Hot Fuzz narrowly beats the others.