Customer reviews

on 31 August 2013
Great concept, a kind of modern Enders Game with some humour and nice ideas.

It zips along like a Dan Brown Novel, each Chapter makes you go 'Argh, I need to keep reading!' So I finished it in a day or so. It's not too heavy heavy like some Sci-Fi and I loved the Historical accuracy.

I can see it being a series on HBO, its definitely got hat sort of feel. Looking forward to the sequel as a liked the taster of book 2 at the back!

Worth £2.99 of anyone's money.
on 30 August 2013
Great read and very original concept...I couldn't put it down and finished it in a few days. Looking forward to the next instalment - hurry up!
on 9 September 2013
This book is great and I simply cannot wait for the second to be available. I started reading it intending for it to be my book for the next couple of weeks and I loved it so much I burned through it in 2 days. John C. Withwick is a great story teller, I got sucked into the journey of the characters and I loved the real world historical references that are very accurate. As a book it also makes you ask some profound questions and you will find yourself thinking about it beyond the point of opening and closing your kindle. If you like futuristic sci fi and/or enjoyed Stephen King's '11.22.63' this is a book for you. Hurry up with book number 2 please!
on 23 October 2013
Stumbled across this book 24 hours ago.
It's an all consuming read. It has pace and you hunger for it's when it not in your hand!
It's a great look at the reflection of the world and how we've reached the point we're at now.
It's not heavy but neither superficial and I think it's this balance that makes it unputdownable.
Well done John.

If you could just pull your finger out on the next one old chap, that would be great :)
Cheers
D
on 14 January 2014
Can't wait for book 2
It links various concepts that have been around for a number of years.
very thought provoking
on 1 September 2013
I'm not a huge sic-fi fan, but I was persuaded to give this a go by a friend. I'm glad I did......it's a great combination of human reality and social observation brought together through a common fear: another lifeform amongst us. Uses that to play back human failings to us all and does so pertinently and effectively. A good read.
on 11 January 2015
Whilst the book doesnt contain subject matter that i would normally immerse myself in, i read the series based on a friends recommendation. Very interesting topics and thought provoking, easy to read but keeps you thinking about things much longer after putting the book down. recommend to everyone!
on 1 September 2013
Great debut from this talented new sci-fi author! A page turner through and through, I finished it in a matter of days and cannot wait for the sequel. Raises some 'food-for-thought' questions about the state of humanity, the truth is most definitely out there.
on 1 September 2013
Fast paced, cinematic, intelligent, inspirational and thought provoking. A great, original plot and a must read for sci-fi fans. I couldn't put it down! I would recommend this book to anyone who is able to read!
on 1 September 2013
Wow is all I can say, I just couldn't put it down.

Plot twist came from no-where. Best book I've read all year!

Already waiting for the next instalment.