on 20 September 2013
I ordered this as someone on a forum recommended it. Great choice of colours to choose from, very good quality, and I like how the Nook clips in (quality looking plastic rather than tacky looking material). It looks as if it had been made by Nook (but it hasn't). It's great how it swivels so you can use it in portrait or landscape. The stylus pen came with it, but I don't use it, but handy if I did need it. Very good value for your money. Very quick delivery too.
on 14 November 2013
I bought this as it was a good price compared to some of the others I looked at. The stylus broke before I used it but wasn't too bothered about that, it does look and feel ok, you get what you pay for I suppose!
on 14 October 2013
The case was well packaged and promptly delivered. It is of quality materials also. However, although the case is very sturdy when viewing the tablet in the landscape position, it collapses in the portrait position - unlike the picture shown.

If you are looking for a case to view your nook in portrait, don't bother. Get a proper tablet stand, like the bookchair stand (I have one).

Would not recommend.
on 19 February 2014
The product looks good for the price, but have found it to be a little bit unstable when in the portrait position. The support is not sturdy enough. A shame as otherwise it would be a great product but sadly does not perform to what is advertised
on 4 December 2013
Very stylish and good value for money. Would recommend it to my friends and family as a good value buy
on 31 October 2013
Rating is more like 3.75 Bought for under £9 (inc P+P).

I needed a case primarily to protect my newly bought Nook HD+ from damage when not in use and during transportation (in a bag), I opted for this product because of the following:

It's cheaper. It's almost a third of the price than if I bought a screen film protector/stylus and case from the official manufacturer. With an approaching holiday and spending already excessively, I couldn't justify paying three times as much for something that could have done the job for considerably less.

The case acts like a stand which would negate the need to carry another item with me if I required one. The three star review mentioning the instability of the stand when in portrait led me to buy an alternative just in case. (See: Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, Playbook, Xoom, Toshiba, Acer, Nook and Other Tablets).

The film protector - For a touchscreen device, it's important to me it's protected as much as possible from scratches, and allows me to wipe it of dust and fingerprint marks easily.

Now that I have it, here are my thoughts:

The case looks and feels pretty well built.
The left side exterior is smooth and flat, with a leather texture and an elasticated band incorporated into it. The interior of the left side has two grooves (about 1.5 cm wide) going across the case lengthways which is used to prop the tablet at various angles (the description mentions 3 angles, and I can't figure out how they worked this out).
The right side of the case is roughly half the width of the left, but it is attached to a plastic tray with a leather texture back to give it an appearance of a full size case.
The tray has cutouts for the speaker, the nook logo in the middle, the hole in the corner, the sleep/power button, volume controls, mic, and headphone socket. You will need to push the tablet into the tray to secure it into place. Be sure to align the hole in the corner of the tablet with the corresponding hole in the tray otherwise the tray may obscure parts of the tablets that the cutouts were done for. Once pushed into place, the tablet stayed put during a vigorous shaking upside down, so I wouldn't worry about it falling out during normal usage. The tray swivels the complete 360 degrees which means the tablet can be used landscape and portrait when positioned into the grooves. I have not tested how stable this is yet, so will provide a more complete update after using it during my holidays, but my initial thoughts are it will do the job just fine.
The description mentions a "Smart Magnetic Closure". As far as I can tell, no such thing exists on this case. You will need to use the elasticated band to wrap it over the right hand side if you want to fully close it, otherwise the case will remain slightly ajar (rough guess would be 30 degrees). Closing and opening the case does not put the Nook tablet to sleep or wake it automatically.

The case looks like it will do the basic job I was looking for, but it's let down by the misleading smart magnetic closure, and number of angles in the description. The numbers of viewing angles doesn't put me off as much as the case's inabilty to close fully when not in use without having to resort to wrapping an elastic band around it. An act which would become tedious rather quickly if you use your tablet on and off throughout the day as often as I do. If this problem was fixed and it could provide an automatic wake/sleep functionality, I would not hesitate in rating it higher.
If you are holding the case, the additional weight and the awkward design of the case (with it's half flap/swivelling tray on one side and a two grooved side on the other) makes it quite cumbersome to hold for long periods, so for these users, a thinner more conventional case might be more suitable, but for regular transport in a bag, it should be more than enough to protect it from damage.

The thing which surprised me is the film protector. I asked another reviewer about this but got no response. Because of the design of the nook the screen isn't entirely rectangular. The film protector is actually cut out in the shape of the entire screen, with cutouts for the corner and home button, something which even the official nook screen protector doesn't do (it's a smaller rectangular film which doesn't cover the area around the home button or the corner space). I can't comment on how well it does it's job because I already have a film in place, but the Stuff4 film seems to have 3 layers (one layer you remove prior to application, and another afterwards on the other side) instead of the two layers of the official version which might make applying the film an easier albeit still challenging process. There is also a small cloth (very small) included with the screen protector.

The stylus wasn't really something I paid much attention to, but with more usage of the nook with my fat fingered digits, I've come to appreciate that the stylus might a very useful addition and a welcome bonus, even if it does feel cheaply made. However the case doesn't have a slot for it so it might very well be misplaced really quickly.

Well built and very good value for money, but if the tablet is going to be spent more often in your hands than in a bag or on a table, you might want to look elsewhere.

After some usage, I would like to reduce the rating down to 3.5 stars. I found putting it into portrait mode was all but impossible. The steepest angle collapses right away and the other angle collapses with a finger press whenever the top of the screen is tapped.
on 14 January 2014
The nook hd+ swivel case is decent low cost protection for your tablet. It fits well and matches up with all the holes and buttons on the 9inch nook hd+. The case is quite hard so don't expect to be caressing it but it should withstand plenty of knocks. The only downside for me is that it doesn't come with a diagram of how to open. As the case is folded origami-like when presented, an idiot like me decided that brute force rather than intelligent analysis was the way to go. Oops! Due to my enormous strength, one of the plastic tabs came off the swivel mechanism but it still functions properly so no great drama. It probably is obvious on how to open it though(even though one or two of us were flummoxed at the time). Anyway, the swivel and stand functions work fine and the stylus is a bonus. Good value for the price.
on 3 February 2014
I needed a case for Nook HD+ with a built in stand to hold the tablet in portrait mode, and there don't seem to be many of those about. So, this looked ideal, and at a good price.
The case looks good, it is a little bulky but that's understandable. It has an elastic strap to hold the case shut and a magnet to automatically put the Nook to sleep when you close it. The swivel part is a little weak, and came apart when I first opened it, but it hasn't come apart in use since. The big problem is that the stand doesn't hold the tablet securely upright in portrait format. If you nudge the table that it's on, it just collapses.
I had to resort to gluing bits of velcro on to make it work
on 8 February 2014
Easy to fit.great quality for a brilliant price.My Nook is now well protected and with a stylus and screen protector supplied too i am delighted.Can watch any videos on my Nook without having to balance it any more.The stand holds well,either vertically or horizontally.For this price i did not expect the case to be so good,it looks and fits great would definitely recommend you buy one!
on 9 June 2014
Better than expected, great all rounder. Ultimately wanted a case that was protective, useable with a quality look & feel. Nice snug fit and more importantly happy that the tablet is well protected within the case. Landscape & portrait positions function well absolutely no complaints, fits all my criteria.