Customer reviews

Snapshot
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 29 October 2013
Bluesy, rocky, punky high octane, exhilaratingly energetic. I got the CD to listen to in my car and it's been welded in to the player ever since, beating the new Arctic Monkeys into a cocked hat. It does the old heart good to discover that there are still bands like this coming through, and I hope there's plenty more to come. Lord knows how good they'll be in a few years. A fabulous antidote to the awful tosh of 'boy bands' pushed at us on TV without an instrument to share between them.
on 2 November 2013
refreshingly Strypes have found the best way to make great rock music is to throw your self in and belt out three minute love songs. Some love child of Dr Feelgood and the Jam, the album hits you between the ears from the fist to the last and they match their own songs with nods to a couple of classics as well as a truly wonderful cover of Nick Lowe's Heart of the ciry.
A great debut and I'm looking forward to seeing them live
on 5 October 2013
I bought this album after listening to 'Blue coller Jane' and also on the recomendation of a friend.
I personally think that it is a cracking album with plenty of drive. They remind me of the early Rolling Stones and also they have the 'Feelgood' edge about them. As a young band I think they have something and hope they go from strength to strength, I'll certainly watch out to see if they are gigging in my area.
on 20 May 2015
Great first album, just pre-ordered the next. Fantastic live!
on 14 September 2013
Seen these guys live a couple of times and was worried that they might suffer from the Dr Feelgood syndrome i.e.unable to replicate the live performance in the studio but needn't of worried because this is great debut album and gives you a good idea what to expect when you see them live.

Bastard sons of the Yardbirds and Dr Feelgood amazing live and great debut cd
on 11 October 2013
How refreshing to have such young people have such a great feel for the blues , play their own instruments and write their own songs . They have been likened to early Rolling Stones high praise indeed but not over the top , Hope their around for a long time . I look forward to the next album hopefully soon and seeing them live at some point . By the way I'm 66 ! .
on 22 September 2013
It's hard to believe that an album of this quality has been produced by a bunch of 17 year olds, it's incredible. Its a high energy, vibrant album where it flows seamlessly from track to track, incorporating covers with their own original material. Influenced by everything from blues to punk, it's just brilliant. My favourite album of the year
on 18 June 2015
Great young band. Have seen them live. Catchy songs.
on 4 August 2014
excellent first album can't wait for their second!
on 22 October 2013
what a marvellous first album ,the first time I heard them ,a good six months ago I thought then these boys could go all the way to the top and now that I own the album and heard all the tracks many times I know their place in the future is secure