on 18 May 2017
I got a little addicted to this series and read the books one after another. I liked the characters and the premise. Definitely worth a read if you like reading books based around fairy tales.
on 30 August 2013
I love Chanda Hahn's Unfortunate Fairytale series. She transports you to the land of the Fae, and brings fairy tales into real life scenarios.

This latest offering is a real page turner; I honestly couldn't put it down. Finished in 2 days.
I just had to know what was going to happen to Mina and Jared.

I appreciate this is aimed at the teen market, but as a 30something I still enjoy these books.

Trying not to divulge spoilers, so all I'll say is if you're looking for a fantasy book with loveable characters that you care about, then you should give this series a go.

I'm just waiting for the next book; hurry Chanda!
on 28 August 2013
This book is as amazing as the first and second! Mina is back and she's fighting hard!

Mina Grimm is looking forward to going back to school (as would anyone if their air-con wasn't working!) and seeing her friends. Mina is also conflicted because her feelings for Brody and her loyal friendship with Nan are being tested to the limit. Before she has a chance to truly face up to them at school something happens which causes her world to turn incredibly ugly!Guilt and grief stricken, she makes a deal with a dangerous man and sets off to complete her quest. However this is no easy quest, time slips through her fingers and Jared refuses to help her. With the clock ticking and a life on the line she goes off alone into the fae world! Little does Mina know that her actions will lead to relief, love and heartache!

I loved this book so much! I read it in less than a day it was that good!! Mina is a good heroine and is a likeable character. As the books progress we see her change through her views and through her decision making. Nan and Brody are as always the brave and unknowing friends that will always be there for her! As for Jared he is as mysterious as always, but nearing the end we find out what the Fae Prince is truly doing in Mina's plane and why he is who he is! (If you know what I mean!)

It has one of the most explosive endings in a book I have read so far! (Believe me I have read a lot!) Chanda Hahn has just created another epic book in the Unfortunate Fairy Tales series and I know patience is a virtue, but how can I be patient? Can't wait to find out what happens next!! :D

Explosive!
on 7 September 2013
This book is well written and filled with the best dreamy detail you could imagine, one of the reasons why Chanda Hahn is one of my favourite authors. I am 13 and loved and still love reading all of her books. I got so attached to each of the books, I would read one in less than a day! Really... really can't wait for the next book, and the next.. keep coming with them brilliant books!!
on 4 September 2013
This book series just keeps getting better and better! It's so easy to get lost in the story. I finished it the same day I bought it! I wish I didn't have to wait for the next one. And I also hope Chanda Hahn writes it so that Mina and Jared can be together in the end!!
on 3 June 2014
The first half was tedious- more of the same heart break whinging over Brody and repetitive 'I don't trust you' arguments with Jared. I just really didn't much care about anything happening. Second half won back some merit. I quite liked the stuff on the fae plane. It's a real shame: The first book was so promising, the following two just haven't quite met the mark. My biggest peeve is that I've got no real sense of who Mina is. She flits around so much- self-pitying whinge/confident kick ass/ shy and reserved/ smart and cunning- depending on whats needed for the story. On the plus side, the writing was definitely less sloppy. I will be continuing with the series (I do have a soft spot for Jared) but it saddens me I can't rank these in my favorites when the premise had me so excited. Ho de hum.
on 14 October 2014
this is a really good book and it really made me think much more deeply about all my fairytales! its such a good idea to write about all the old brother grimm fairytales but in the modern world =) I had to do that at school but i couldnt quite get to grips with it, it wasnt my style of writing but here the author handles it perfectly, with loads of suspence and drama! Cant wait until the fourth book comes out! i soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly want to see whether mina has the guts to kill jared! i hope this is thelast book because i could not wait for the fifth book! i reccomend this for all ages from 6 and up!
on 24 January 2015
A great addition to the series, with more action from the outset than in the previous book. Mina tries to lay low and avoid her fate but it comes looking for her with a vengeance as it attacks her home and steals her cute little brother. She will do anything for the chance to get him back safely even though everyone tells her he is dead and gone.
Mina's perception of her world changes as people she knows and takes for granted reveal unexpectedly fae qualities, but can she work out who she can trust and who is out foil her efforts to rid the world of evil fae?
on 28 March 2014
This book was fantastic, amazing I'm just lost for words with how amazingly brilliant this thing is! The storyline is always so suspending, so you can just want to read more.

It's also very sad when she finally found her true love, Jared, then lose him all of sudden. It's just so emotional but also very exciting. But it is still very romantic. I'll recommend this to ANYONE (under the age 9).

At times I thought you hated me, but I wanted to tell you I, uh Mina, I lo- aaaaarhhhh
He was so closed to saying I love you. :( [ I'm crying].
on 14 November 2013
Third book was sadly good but not as fabulous as the first two books. Story was a bit confusing and dull in parts and in others felt like it was being crammed with too much information without the detail to make it a comfortable read. Rubbish that Mina eventually does what I'm sure we're all expecting with Jared to find that it was incredibly short lived as we were rushed along to the next chapter. I am sincerely hoping book 3 will be back on form and the ménage a trios will dissolve & the curse be broken for ever.... Awwwwww sahweet!