• PRISM
  • Customer reviews

PRISM
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 January 2014
It's simply Katy Perry at her best. I totally love this album and there isn't a single track that I do not like.

Whilst waiting for the album to arrive, I downloaded my "free" MP3 version using Amazon Cloud (Thank you Amazon) and imported to my iPhone and played the album a couple of times through headphones.

Then, I received the cd album and played it on my HiFi and the album took on a whole new quality of sound. So crisp and clear and the bass is so wonderfully deep without any distortion - helps if you have a good system that can produce good bass :-)

13 tracks in total on the standard album - I was going to buy the deluxe but I couldn't wait, had to "Buy It Now" (sounding a bit like an online auction format lol).

As stated, I love all 13 tracks with a 10/10 for every single track. Therefore, I won't be giving an individual score for each track.

So, if you're thinking; "should I or shouldn't I buy it". Don't hesitate, you have to buy this album. You will not be disappointed one single bit.

Once final word. Digital downloads are great but you cannot beat owning the actual CD album.
3 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 5 June 2014
I got this for my niece - who could not wait to get this rather good album. Although this CD is for niece I must admit that I do like a number of songs myself, and Ms Perry's songs are really well done - they are clever, imaginative and exemplified by the fact that Prism was released on October 18, 2013 and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart pretty much straight away. For Ms Perry is a very talented lady with the release "Dark Horse" single making this her ninth number-one single to date!
6 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2018
This is the gold standard for sugar coated pop music. As a musician/producer I'm open to all sorts of music and have learned to really appreciate mainstream pop and what makes a catchy song. This is full of them! Walking On Air and International Smile are stand-out tracks.
One person found this helpful
on 16 January 2015
Another melodic and catchy set of songs on this disc. I find that it is very easy to listen to and will put me in a good mood. The stand out tracks on this are the singles so I was a little bit disappointed not to uncover any hidden Gems like on previous records. However Roar is still a magnificent pop song and I do not get bored listening to it despite the amount of airtime it had on release.
Overall this is not her best album, but is still a lot more fun than most over pop albums released recently.
on 20 May 2014
As with the initial first albums Katy on the first single as Jane of the Jungle full of fun and excitement. The undercover Katy at various parties disguised for the Birthday video, and Dark Horse with the Over The Top Egyptian theme, and More surprises to come with her funky and catchy pop dance tunes. So with the third album firmly in the bag as another best seller, can this poppet keep it up and fresh and not burn herself out. So at the moment Merry Perry all the way and keeping popular music fun and funky with a bit of wackiness on the side.
on 12 July 2017
I love this album. The first time I heard it I wasn't sure about it but after a few listens I realised how good it is. I love all her albums - I haven't bought Witness yet but I'm sure it will be just as good once I've heard it a few times.
on 6 February 2015
I was sad because it was not the one released in Record Store Day but it is identical and official from the label
The difference between this one and the RSD version is of course the RSD label and also the butterflies on the transparent sleeve. The RSD had both vinyl discs on one sleeve but this one is in a transparent gatefold sleeve, That's all.
The product comes with 4 different pictures on each side and the paper that comes along includes the title PRISM and tracklist and lyrics on the back of the paper with Side and track guide to the pictures of the vinyls.
Worth collecting if you're a fan of Perry's music or interesting picture vinyls
on 12 November 2013
After Teenage Dream I thought it would be downhill for Perry's new music but i was wrong, Thankfully!

PRISM boasts new songs that are bound to be hits and the world wide smash; Roar.

I particularly like the songs: Roar, Dark horse, This is how we do, Walking on air and legendary lovers.
One or two songs which could have been left off the final track list but nothing major.

Another great album from Katy. Very impressive 4/5
on 4 March 2016
Tbh I found this album a bit , oh dear, despite it being a good album; I think it's just a genre that isn't really for me- I feel bad- it has been so successful-and Katy Perry is clearly talented, so maybe it will grow on me... tracks 1. Roar and 3. Birthday are my favourites.
on 16 November 2013
im a fan not huge but i do have her albums and film..
i was hoping this album would be great and it is but Katy saying its a move away from teenage dream is not true for me it sounds like 2.0 nothing like i expected especially as she was moving away from the cartoon like stuff then came with a video like California Grrls but it is a good album and i like it just nothing like i was expecting or hoping for