on 8 December 2013
Fascinating characters and brilliant descriptions of the era. Immediately had to buy the whole series. Dear Alice, Keep writing PLEASE!
on 9 December 2013
I loved this book, I liked the characters, the author didn't spend time on over describing scenes etc. which Iliked and the plot was unexpected, just enough romance in my opinion though I am not into romances. If there had been too much I wouldn't have finished the book at all. I would read another book by this author. highly recommended.
on 12 January 2014
This is a gentle little book , dealing with the characters' problems with a light but sympathetic hand .It certainly isn't 'edge of the seat ' supernatural writing but is engaging and heartwarming -if it's your kind of book you'll put it down with a smile on your face.
I recommend it for those nights when your over active brain keeps you awake , or when you just want something enjoyable instead of bloody or scary .
on 17 January 2014
I really liked the heroin Daisy Gum Majesty her difficult life caring for a disabled ex serviceman husband I loved the humour of her private thoughts about her client her struggle to keep the missing girl hidden her exasperation when she wont be careful enough to take advice to stay out of sight I really felt sorry when I came to the end of the book I really must get round to reading more Daisy Gum Majesty.
on 25 October 2015
In spite of the frequent reminders of Daisy's personal qualifications (or lack of them) and the merits of all her family members, I am enjoying the series. I am not quite old enough to remember the early 20th century, but my grandparents were and Alice Duncan's description of those days carries a ring of truth.
on 5 March 2014
A great find. Daisy Gumm has all the gumption a girl needs.
Using her mystic charms to put food on the table, as her poor husband was invalided out of the forces with ill health. Daisy uses all of her no nonsense skills to help those who can't help themselves.
on 12 February 2015
Absolutely love her books. The style of writing is like having a conversation with Daisy herself. Fantastic and funny storylines. How does one young woman get herself into so much bother? Nuts! It's Daisy Gumm Majesty we are talking about here!
on 11 February 2014
Daisy Gumm continues to entertain in this easy to read "cozy". If you want something to while away a wet Sunday afternoon this will definitely do exactly that.Not Tolstoy or Dickens but who chooses to read those for lifting the spirits ?
on 14 October 2014
Would have been better as a short story. How many times did we have to hear about those awful Germans and her husband being an invalid because of being gassed. The only character that was likeable was the detective, Sam.
on 29 August 2014
As Daisy cracks the case within the first few chapters I find I skim a lot of further chapters and can predict the ending