on 3 December 2013
An amazing book, full of fascinating facts.

Kindle edition is horrible. It was designed to be read on a wide-screen monitor. Text is too small, highlights and dictionary do not work.

Still, it is a very good read, although I would prefer more facts and less references, which take around half of the book.
on 7 February 2014
I bought the Kindle edition and it is unreadable. Always defaults to the first page, making it very difficult to progress through the book. As bookmarks are not enabled, reading the book is impossible - a waste of money.
on 6 August 2014
Whilst this book is as informative and entertaining as the others in its genre unfortunately it was not possible to download it onto my Kindle (3G keyboard version). I did not become aware of this until after I had purchased it and found it had been downloaded onto my iPad. It's title appears among my archived items on my Kindle but an attempt to move it to my home page is met with a notice saying "Unavailable for Download. The item is not compatible with this device".
To be fair Amazon did offer to remove it and give me a refund but as the cost was so small, and I could (have!) read it on my iPad, I opted to keep it. Never the less it still seems strange to have been able to purchase a Kindle version of a book that is not compatible with a Kindle reader!
on 20 November 2013
There are some really interesting and useful facts here, while some of them seem like they might change over time and others that you can't quite believe. For fans of the show this is a must-buy and you get the feeling a lot of research has gone into it.

To make the information a bit less random there are small linked groups where the facts segue nicely from one to the other.

However, like with the previous book, it might be a bit expensive if you are unlikely to read it more than once.
on 9 November 2013
Very interesting read for me as I enjoy knowing about these oddities, to know the derivation would ensure faith in some of these 'quotes'
on 11 January 2014
It is not possible to read this book on the Kindle.

I have opened it and read 10 or so pages and have then closed the book. Whenever I open the book again it has reset to the introduction.

I have then had to page forward to find the place where I stopped reading. By the time I have found the page I am too worn out to actually do any reading.

The bookmark function does not work. Sync to furthest page read does not work either.It simply takes me back to the introduction. Annotations backup is on in Kindle Settings and works for all other books.

It is not possible to highlight any passages in this book - highlighting works for all of my other Kindle books.

I have deleted and reinstalled the book. This made no difference.

This is the sort of book that I - and others too I suspect- like to dip into and read in short chunks.

The only way to read this version and not lose your place would be by reading it all in one go. That is not possible.

I have reported these faults to Amazon and am waiting to see if they can be resolved.

In the mean time I would advise all and sundry not to buy the Kindle version - it cannot be read!!

The content is fine - but go for the hard copy. You won't lose your place in that version and you'll be free to read it slowly, at your leisure!!
on 20 July 2014
As I've always been a big fan of the TV version of QI and an avid enthusiast of the books, it's no surprise that I wriggled with delight reading this. As always, I kept thinking "Oh, I must remember that one" and then promptly forgot it as the next fascinating snippet came along.

The percentage read figure at the bottom of the Kindle page is deceptive as , actually, the index to the book is bigger than the book itself; no, honest!

I try to ration the reading of these books out, limiting myself to a limited number of pages at each sitting but, as always, I failed this time and read this whole book in just two sittings; I just couldn't stop. If you like QI, you'll love this.
on 3 December 2013
Lots of wonderful and bizarre facts some which I will never unlearn! A great follow on from the 1227 facts book
on 26 August 2016
This book is awesome. We used to have a "fact off" in the office and also a fact of the day. This book was very useful for both of these. If you like amazing facts then this book is for you, you can amaze people with your knowledge (or they'll think you're sad)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 December 2013
As my husband is a huge fan of the TV programme QI this seemed an appropriate book for him, and is now kept in our "reading room" - the loo. Yes, I've ganced through it myself and have to agree that the little snippets are informative and quite interesting, often leading to further investigation.

This is a small hardback book, which for the money, is good value and would have made an ideal stocking stuffer had I managed to hide it before it was seen. Oh well, there's bound to be another one out next year....