Customer reviews

Suki Tea Earl Grey Blue Flower Fairtrade (Pack of 1, Total 15 Pyramids) (Organic)
Colour: Earl Grey Blue Flower|Size: 15 Pyramids|Change
Price:£4.45+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 30 March 2016
We often struggle to purchase for some picky family members for Christmas and birthdays.

Suki teas are the answer. Everyone absolutely loves them. They are fairly unique as they can only be bought from Amazon or the Suki website (more expensive).

They are reasonably priced in the world of luxury teas.
on 1 September 2017
Excellent quality tea bags.
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2014
Colour: Earl Grey Blue Flower|Size: 15 Pyramids|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like Suki Tea; I first came across the brand in a little patisserie/café in Nottingham when I tried their loose leaf earl grey and blue flower. Delicious. Suki is an ethical company and that’s important to me. This tea is their “ethical champion”: Ecocert organic, Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance Certified.

Earl Grey is my second favourite tea after green, so it is great to be offered the chance to try some of Suki’s “tea pyramids”. I never use tea bags as they generally produce an inferior flavour to loose leaf tea, so I was a little bit wary of the “pyramid” idea, even if Suki do put their same loose leaf tea in their pyramids. Having drunk my way through the whole packet of 15 pyramids, and looked at how they allow the tea to expand, I'm impressed with the depth of flavour achieved.

Earl Grey’s distinct flavouring comes from Bergamot, and it’s just 1% of the ingredients in this blend. My current Earl Grey has 4%, and I can tell the difference. The Suki tea is more subtle, and very enjoyable, but to be honest I prefer my Earl Grey with a stronger Bergamot hit. With this tea the Assam black tea tends to dominate, and is softened and perfumed just a little with the Bergamot. The addition of the blue flower (cornflower to me) petals is visually attractive, which I like even though it doesn’t seem to serve any other purpose in the blend.

The ingredients used by Suki are of a good quality. They source organic Sicilian Bergamot oil where most tea companies add a synthetically produced version of the oil, and all of the ingredients are organic. This method of using fine ingredients and caring about their sourcing is a big part of why I like Suki Tea as a company. There’s no doubt that their tea is expensive and I can’t afford to drink it every day, but for special occasions it’s a lovely treat.

Overall, this is a very nice rich-flavoured tea, and I’ve enjoyed every cup of it, but for my personal taste there’s not quite enough Bergamot.
on 2 April 2014
I had high hopes for this tea particularly as it had received a lot of positive reviews however I was not impressed. I do normally like Earl Grey tea particularly where there is a good balance between the tea and the Bergamot oil. In this case I thought that the tea was too strong and did not allow the Bergamot to come through. The actual tea had a lot of tannin and tasted almost slightly stale you can tell the tannin from the stain left on the cup. I don't know if this blend has been developed for the recent trend to add milk to Earl Grey tea but I like mine black. The "blue flower" added colour while brewing but little else unless it caused what I thought was the slightly stale taste.
VINE VOICEon 23 March 2014
I was expecting more from these. Normally loose-tea Earl grey is to die for - yet these weren't all that flavoursome. The first one I made was weak, so for the second, I steeped the bag longer. Only this time it lacked any of the zingy citrus that makes Earl Grey thirst-quenching, and ended up more like English Breakfast

Sure, they look good (and I've had some great cups of tea from these new, roomier pyramid style bags), but these were all style and no substance. Not least when you consider how expensive they are.

Based on price, and if you're looking to go beyond your average Earl grey teabag, I'd strongly recommend going the loose tea route instead. It'll be cheaper, and you'll get a better taste.
VINE VOICEon 1 April 2014
I've been an Earl Grey drinker for many a year and have had some good, some bad. Suki's version is definitely good. The added Blue Flower gives this tea a lovely herbal, aromatic flavour that enhances the light tea flavour of the Earl Grey. Like Clippers' version this is a much fuller flavour and doesn't succumb to the sometimes non-existent flavour of some more popular versions of Earl Grey tea. As always its well packaged and presented and would make for a nice gift. The bag is sealable once opened and each bag uses the pyramid shape so you get a better mix with the water. Top marks!
VINE VOICEon 16 May 2014
This tea is to the average tea bag what Chateau Brand is to supermarket plonk. A tea to be savoured and luxuriate over on the terrace, overlooking the rolling hills of Sussex, not gulped down over breakfast with your toast. It's absolutely delicious, with a wonderful lingering aftertaste.NO milk, No sugar, just delightful tea.
VINE VOICEon 13 May 2014
I love everything about this tea. It tastes exquisite and I love the beautiful silky teabags. Much more special than your average Earl Grey. Pricey though so best kept for those quiet self indulgent moments, tea and tranquility.
VINE VOICEon 6 July 2014
This is quite nice tea, if a bit weak. It's very smooth and calming but for me lacks flavour. It was ok, but nothing special. Also, the string was very short leaving me fishing the bag out of the pot every time!
VINE VOICEon 17 May 2014
Who doesn't love a good cup of tea? With these bags you're guaranteed a very tasty brew and as it's fairtrade you can feel good about yourself at the same time. Wonderful!