Format: DVD|Change

on 16 February 2014
This series was a little slow to begin with but then I began to love all the characters. Richard Poole ( the main character) makes the show with his stiff English ways but incisive detection. Sad that he will not be in series 3 but hopefully his replacement will be up to the standard of the show. (By the way, anyone who is a fan of Red Dwarf will be surprised to see 'the cat' in a more serious role). These are stories one can enjoy over again.
on 10 February 2015
When I first heard of this series on TV I thought, 'Hm, I'm not going to like this' so I missed the first series. But then I caught it while shifting channels and from that day on I was hooked.
I have been glued to the TV even after Ben Millar's character met his demise.
So yes, this box set reached my expectations and beyond.
on 9 January 2014
Bit like Midsummer in the Caribbean. Loved it. Had to wait for a replacement to see the first series as first disc was corrupted but Amazon despatched one immediately (well impressed) so did not have to wait long. This is great for fans of 'easy' murder/mystery and who dunnit. Fans of Ben Miller will love it, very drool, would stongly recommened it. Downside is that you will want to go to Sainte Marie as it is so beautiful
on 19 August 2014
My husband was a little worried when i said i wanted to watch this new tv show. But he grow to love it. Glad we bought this box set as we had missed a couple of episodes when it was first shown on tv.
on 20 March 2015
Death in paradise is just another murder mystery series in a sea of choices, so why bother? The answer is that it is totally delightful, fabulously well acted, with a healthy dollop of genuine laughter. Ben Miller and Sara Martin sparkle in the lead roles, constantly battling with the differences between the English middle class and fastidious Miller, easy going and relaxed French attitudes of Martin whilst they solve the latest mystery. Although the mysteries are very formulaic, Murder She Wrote as a similar comparison, Death in Paradise never takes itself too seriously, Danny John Jules and Don Warrington adding their own excellent talents to the cast. Seasons 3 and 4 are already on order, and I hope that the BBC continue to support the series, and keep letting the writers do what they have made such an excellent job of.
on 15 May 2014
A great new detective series set in the Caribbean. The cast are excellent and there is a mixture of seriousness and comedy.from all the actors, plus the beautiful scenery. Long may they continue to make this programme. Buying highly recommended!
on 8 February 2016
My partner and I absolutely love this series. For some reason we never saw these originally so we are playing catch-up. Shame Ben Miller didn't continue but we all have to move on! Lovely filmed locations, witty without being stupid and a great mix of characters/great cast all round. Well done to all.
on 18 March 2014
I was recommended this drama series as the third series was about to start on the BBC in a couple of weeks time and there was nothing on in the evenings
I'm so glad I got it and watched it first, the first two series with Ben Miller in were much better than the third series!
on 18 January 2014
I'd seen an episode on tv and bought this 1&2 box set for those irritating days when there is nothing good on.. I couldn't have been more pleased.. We have watched 3 episodes so far and it's great. It's lovely light-hearted crime busting drama in the caribbean.. Each episode is an hour - perfect and I believe that the set has 16 episodes, so I look forward to more happy watching..
on 13 March 2014
Never watched either series when they were on TV,so bought the box set. Glad I did, good old fashioned entertainment that anyone can watch. No swearing or excessive violence. Good stories and beautiful scenery. Will have to order the 3_rd series next.