Customer reviews

Italian Love Songs
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 21 June 2015
A wonderful collection of Dean Martin's Italian style album cuts and singles from 1951 till 1961, brought together for the first time. Seven are taken from the quintessential 'Dino Italian Love Songs' so will be familiar to fans. The real gems here are the singles including the original versions of 'On an Evening in Roms', 'Return to Me', 'Vieni Su' and the ultimate, passionate 'Come Back to Sorrento' from 1953. This was Dean at his best, singing his heart out in Italian (his first language as a child) timeless melodies from his ancestral homeland and all given that unique style and flavour that only he was able to give them. Some of these numbers were plain attempts to cash in on his persona and attempts to replicate the worldwide successes of 'Return to Me' and 'Volare'. So what? In Dean's hands they became dreamy, romantic examples of what he could do better than anyone else. Here we have both the hit 'In Napoli' and the rarer 'Napoli'; a beautifully sung 'Vieni Su': the lovely 'Sogni D'Oro': the best version of 'Oh Marie', a song he had sung all his life; the personification of romance in 'Write to Me from Naples', 'Tu Sei Bella, Signorina' and 'Just Close Your Eyes'. Then there are the familiar hits including the eternal 'That's Amore', 'Sway', 'The Man Who Plays the Mandolino', 'Innamorata', 'Mambo Italiano', 'Simpatico' and 'Giuggiola'. Even trifles such as 'Bella Bella Bambina', 'The Tricche Tracche' and '(Ma Come Bali) Bella Bimba ' are fun and enthused with Dean's personality. Ten additional tracks labeled 'salsa/Latin bonus tracks' compliment the rest especially 'Became Mucho' and 'Amor' (compare the latter to Julio Eglesias's version to see how Dean puts his stamp on this perrenial). Two missing tracks which would have added lustre are 'Luna Mezzo Mare' and 'Santa Lucia'. But why quibble when Not Now Music's excellent transfers give you the opportunity to sit back, relax with a glass of something tasty and enjoy 40 of Dean's best at around £7? Wonderful.
on 28 March 2017
I am a HUGE fan of Dean and should have been finding a Country n Western CD instead. I bought this as I have been trying to find another album with "Amor" and "Cha Cha D'amour" on a CD obviously with other songs I don't have. As far as I am concerned, he could sing the whole telephone book and make it sound absolutely fantastic.

This is my Fifth CD album I have that covers a whole range of songs. I try to find songs that I have never heard of before. They are plenty of those on this CD. I am not disappointed at all. In fact, I am extremely please I chose this one.

What I love about Dean is that he actually loves to sing Italian songs in Italian!! Whole or in part. His dulcet tones will live on forever in our hearts, as well as The Man Himself. God Bless you Dean, we miss you. Nearly forgot, his birthday is 7th June, if you didn't know already. I dare you to play some of his songs in his memory and raise a glass of Italian wine.,,,,,,,
on 3 March 2017
What can I say but " Bellisimo "......shame this generation has gone now.....lovely CD.....lovely romantic songs sung by a gorgeous man with a lovely voice....so sad we don't have this kind of singing anymore !!!
on 12 August 2013
We first heard this cd in a Italian Bistro that we often visit. And just had to buy a copy for ourselves. So eddy delivery, excellent value for money. Definately recommend it. Would use seller agsin
on 8 February 2015
Track 36, Belle from Barcelona and track 38, La Paloma and a couple of other tracks, are Spanish, not Italian love songs but this was apparent from the outset. I listened to most tracks on Spotify before buying. The cost of 16p a track can't be faulted. That includes the two CD's and the mp3 download of each track. I really like it.
on 13 June 2017
Great songs, great sound quality - nice one!
on 9 October 2016
This is a mellow easy listening happy album. I chose this because it had a few of the tunes that I particularly liked and I am not disappointed.
on 2 August 2015
It should be compulsory for all Italian restaurants to play this CD continuously as their background music !!
It is a very enjoyable CD, with some nice, gentle Italian love songs, a few of which are very well known.
on 26 September 2013
Probably the best voice of all the 'crooners'. Fabulous collection of songs performed to perfection. What more can I say?
on 8 August 2013
Getting in the mood for an italian trip and used at a recent party - easy listening with many familiar songs and some new ones too. We are enjoying this CD.