on 22 September 2013
my expectations were a bit low for this toy having bought previous goggles and found them just to be just a light on a headband, but these goggles are really rather clever. okay so they do have LED lights to see in the dark and are not infra-red, BUT and here's the clever bit, they actually detect heat. so James (nephew) put them on and started searching everywhere to make the icon inside the goggles light up, but he could not get them to work . I had to explain he had to keep stiller and use more stealth,and slowly turn his head to detect the heat spots, and after a few minutes, he got it, and was in the garden for ages (in silence!) searching out anything that gave off heat. as our garden is quite large he was able to pick up quite a few things including his dad! so basically its a really unusual toy that has kept him amused inside and outside the house, seeing what he could pick up to make the icon glow, must say it also made him ask a lot of questions, so have been reading the instructions and explanation carefully and also finding him more info on the internet, which is good as it got him excited by the science. if you have a budding scientist or just an inquisitive child, this is a great toy to buy. if your child wants quick speedy results and is easily distracted then maybe not so good. but would happily recommend to all.
on 18 November 2013
Your customers will be amused that I bought this for myself. Being 33, an all. But with the intention of using it in the event of a power cut. And I dare say, its easier than carrying at torch. Those who are expecting it to show heat sensored figures on the viewer though, will be disappointed. As I must admit that is what I expected of it, anyway, as that is how it was advertised. So Amazon may want to revise its description. Lead us not to say though, that its not heat sensored - it is. It displays it as a red warning light inside the goggles handle, that lights up in the corner of your eye when there are any objects emitting any heat nearby. Its hardly something to kick up a fuss about, other than being rather irritating, and isnt precise. Though it does act as a good torch, which is its primary use for me, so I can be hands free when going to the bathroom when the lights at home are out. However the head straps on it are annoying, as each time u put it on u r having to adjust them in order to wear them. Overall, I'd think twice, based on my review, in thinking about buying it for a kid. They may be disapointed.
on 17 December 2013
Tried it on pet labrador in the dark. No result. It needs very patient child. The red light does not stay on long enough to get a reading as to location of object. It is too imprecise an item to provide much entertainment or educational value.
on 7 February 2014
This was a waste of time. Little red light goes on if there is a heat source somewhere. Not what was expected. Ended up having to buy replacement Christmas presents for two children.
on 8 January 2014
All these 'spy' toys are overpriced for what they are. Let's face it, they are toys, not real functioning items that spies would use. That said, I am prepared to spend the money for my son who, with a little imagination, feels like he is the most well-equipped spy around town!
on 1 December 2015
Arrived promptly and in excellent condition but it certainly doesn't live up to our expectation in terms of performance and we've basically spent out on a glorified head torch. A disappointing birthday present for our son.
on 2 January 2016
We were very disappointed in these goggles. They do not have night vision they are basically goggles with tiny torches on, that blink a red light light briefly if a heat source is nearby. Definitely no tracking to be done with these - they were very quickly returned.
on 22 August 2015
For the price, it has been successful. My grandson is enjoying using it. It is not possible to see people in the dark. But, it does detect movement and lights up the object found.
on 27 December 2015
This is another discovery channel disaster, as was the metal detector we bought at the same time. They do not work in fact there is no difference wearing them and not I cannot recommend
on 26 July 2015
This was a gift, I thin k it was well received