TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 February 2017
Watching the recent, belated sixth series of Cold Feet reminded me how much I enjoyed the first five series of one of ITVs most successful comedy-dramas. The intertwining friendships of three ordinary Manchester couples gave the writers chance to portray real social issues and examine the challenges facing thirty-somethings as they try to get through their daily lives. The key players James Nesbitt and Helen Baxendale; Robert Bathurst and Hermione Norris; and Fay Ripley and John Thomson all add a different dimension. At the time this was an under-represented age group on TV and partly accounts for Cold Feet's success. The other major aspects are the music, with well-chosen songs helping to sell a series of complementary CD albums, and great writing mainly from creator Mike Bullen. Bullen rounds each character thoroughly and more importantly makes you care about them too. This is key to the way I found myself consuming episodes in blocks - what I like is that the series draw you in and made me want to find out what happens next. I didn't find myself watching passively either, rather concentrating on the interactions. The ups and downs of the relationships, the help given to friends in need and the gentle joshing so redolent of the best friendships are all represented well. The humour is also gentle, alternating with pathos and everyday normality shown in all its glory. Above all these are credible relationships that don't stretch the boundaries of belief - and all the better for it. For just £12 this is a bargain.
on 15 November 2017
Ordered this after the previous series end - having never seen an episode previously. Came less than 48 hours later, binge watched in less that two weeks! Quality of product = what you would expect buying from a high street show, perfect condition, and well packed. Quality of content = riproaring success, well worth getting, and watching over and over!.
on 30 October 2016
Absolute joy to watch this series again. The purchase was prompted by the recent return of Cold Feet on T.V. . Being of a similar age to the characters it is a trip down memory lane, and an unashamed wallow in nostalgia. If you have enjoyed the new series that has recently ended on ITV you will not be disappointed with this very reasonably priced boxed set that contains the entire preceding 5 series and pilot episode on 11 discs. Despite the ups and downs as we follow the lives of three couples, each episode leaves you with a warm glow, and personally wishing that these were my friends too. Well cast with brilliant convincing performances from everybody 10/10
on 7 December 2016
Totally brilliant! I never watched Cold Feet when it was on ITV, did not fancy it.

Decided to try the DVD boxset as it was on a good offer and I am thrilled with it.

Every episode is funny, heartwarming, sad and realistic.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed!
2 people found this helpful
on 13 March 2018
Ordered this by mistake when trying to buy the full series...Im normally a bit more careful, but for some reason didnt check exactly what was meant by "Complete Collection" and ended up short by two seasons short of what I expected.

As for the show itself....I hadnt watched it in ages and didnt like it much on re-watching it.
on 9 September 2016
We have just received this box set and only watched the first episode. We bought as a new series has started on TV (Sept 2016). We didn't see the old series first and tape the new series. It's a great series, full of fun and sometimes sad of course, but great that we have something good to watch - current TV programmes, on the whole, are rubbish. We're very happy and have lots to entertain.
on 15 June 2017
I saw this series when it was 1st broadcast and loved it but I actually enjoyed it better the 2nd time around. The characters just keep on making mistake after mistake in their lives, sometimes with tragic results and some with hilarious ones. This set is a must and so inexpensive to buy now.
on 8 November 2016
Five stars for the story and cast, however the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired! I'm sure it would have been broadcast in better quality than this(or were things really this bad back then??!) , and the opening of the first programme states 'Dolby Surround', but no surround sound here! Can't really complain at the current price price of £12,but I'd rather have paid a bit more for a remastered set with improved picture and surround sound.
on 26 October 2017
Brilliant series but quality of DVDs is atrocious. Both Disk 1 & 5 have a scratch straight across them so the DVD keeps stopping and won’t move past that point. Really disappointed as we had kept the DVD until now to watch when away in our caravan, therefore, we missed the return product window. Just goes to show you need to examine every DVD from Amazon carefully.
on 18 May 2015
Arrived way before the estimated delivery time, but I can't fault zoverstocks as they always deliver on time and I always order second hand goods from them as they are so reliable. I was having trouble with sky box set of Cold Feet and just wanted to watch the final series, which I have now and what a way to end the whole comedy drama! I really enjoyed the first 3 series more than the last two but like Friends, I would watch again and again because I wouldn't get bored with it!