Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle

on 23 July 2010
I am 53 and have never had a handbag. When I have needed to carry something I have used a small rucksack or just pockets. My sister-in-law has one of these bags in red and I thought how nice it looks. So I took the plunge and bought one for myself in black. I am SOOOOO pleased with it. I can carry loads of things; keys have their own little ring ro attach to, so no rummageing around to find them; lots of different pockets making it easy to store wallets, pens, business cards and other things like that. The main section is big enough to comfortably hold a large bible and note pad.
I look after my grandson regularly and it has been easy to carry all the necessary things, change of clothes, food, drink, cars, books, toys, with still plenty of room for my few bits.
Last week a bottle leaked in the main compartment so I stuffed the bag in the washing machine and it has come out as good as new.
Overall, I love the bag and can highly recommend it.
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 February 2015
This is a BIG handbag. The largest section can just about hold my 12 inch laptop. It doesn't look too big though, and has lots of organisation built in.

The big main section has a double zip fastening. That means you can close it at either end, or at some point in between. Therefore it doesn't matter which shoulder you carry it on, the closure doesn't have to be behind you - unless you want it to be. This section is big enough to carry my folded up fleece, or two summer weight cardigans. I know that because I used it on holiday last year for exactly that. Inside, there are a few drop pockets on one side and a zipped purse pocket on the other. The drop pockets are good for your phone or music player, and my new money purse gets swamped with the size of the purse pocket.

On the back of the bag is a flat zipped pocket more than big enough to take my kindle, while on the front there are two chunkier zipped pockets. I keep a small camera in one, while the other usually holds a small torch and an onya shopping bag. On the front of each of these pockets is a smaller flat pocket, one with a diagonal zip, and one secured with a velcro flap. These are good for tickets and the like.

You may think that would be all the pockets you could fit in a bag, but there are two more which are easy to miss. On the ends of the bag, just underneath the loops for the long strap, there are two pockets secured with velcro. You might not think they are very big, but my 5 inch phone fits in there nicely. I could imagine they would also be good for holding a compact brolly.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2014
I am an avid collector of Kipling Defeas. I have a 'few'
It is the best all rounder out of all the Kiplings I have bought & 'tested' over the years.
So many pockets - 4 on front, 2 on sides, 1 on back. Inside is a cavern to cram your mac, brolly, packed lunch etc.
Key lanyard is a bonus too.
Only thing I've noticed about newer Defeas, is there is only 1 pen pocket now instead of 3
on 17 April 2012
My wife assures me that the bag is very practical and roomy: good quality fabric, waterproof and lightweight. It arrived very promptly. I am a little concerned that this is Kipling bag number five!
on 11 September 2015
Be aware that this shoulderbag is a little on the large size and would make a great weekend or overnight holdall. That said, it's not so big that it can't be carried on your shoulder if, like me, you like to have lots of bits and pieces on your person for that 'just in case' moment! The top handles are stitched with leather making it comfortable to carry as a handbag, if you prefer. Really handy for mums with toddlers and for students as the main compartment will fit just about anything from bottles, to toys, to books, to tablets and even a small macbook. Personally, I like to keep organised and so bought it for all the handy pockets. I love the yellow ochre 'golden sunflower' colour too. It's a lovely warm, bright mustard yellow, only a shade darker than the picture and I was surprised by one reviewers reaction to it. The little golden monkey is always a welcome addition and so overall I'm delighted with this product, as I favour all things Kipling.
on 3 September 2015
This is another great bag from Kipping. Good quality as you would expect. Lots of pockets. The main part of the bag is very roomy. I use as every day bag but it could be used as an overnight bag. This is my second one I also have it in the red. Love it
on 8 January 2014
Got this bag in black snake print & love it. Great work bag - fits everything I need & more. My 8th Kipling bag and certainly won't be my last.
on 29 December 2015
This is such a great bag! I ordered the golden brown and it is much nicer than the picture; more of a tan colour than the mustardy colour shown. The quality is great and the size is perfect and it weighs hardly anything. It's not too big for an everyday handbag but accommodates a lot of stuff if needs be. The pockets are really handy and the design is perfect. I will be keeping an eye out for this in sales from now on as I've never had such a perfect all round bag.
on 3 May 2012
What you see is exactly what you get and is just perfect!I'm very pleased with my purchase, it was hassle free and without nasty surprises, the bag is of a medium size and full of zipped pockets, just what I needed!
on 20 May 2015
This is a review for the Sunflower Yellow Kipling Defea. I just want to state that i'm a long time Kipling fan and this is not my first Defea. The bag itself is excellent, a perfect mid size bag with all the trimmings you'd expect from the Kipling brand. But then we come to the colour. As you can see from my photo it is horrendous. In what universe is that sunflower yellow? I normally go for dark, jewel toned colours but wanted something nice for the summer - even on amazon the colour is much lighter. Dont be fooled either - Kiplings may be hard to photograph, but the colour you see in my picture is EXACTLY the colour you will get. Gutted really as i saved ages to buy this but it will definitely be going back. Stick to some of the safer colours like Canard, Winter Green and Dark Aubergine - all lovely.
review image