Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Leaving Babylon
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 16 November 2016
Covenant's weakest release, in my opinion, to date. The lyrics seem repetitive, rehashing motifs from previous albums ('I leave the flow of time' - now, where have I heard this one before?). Furthermore, Covenant normally had great lyrics, even when they were minimalistic (like those to "One World, One Sky"), but I just can't fathom how they could have penned such lyrics as "We are the prime movers, We are prime, we are prime, and we move, and we move'"). Auto-Circulation, while musically a good track, has lyrics reminiscent of a Lana Del Rey interview (She's a great artists, don't get me wrong, but she tends to overuse words ending in '-tion' in interviews). Some songs, like Ignorance and Bliss start of great, but ultimately the chorus just ruins the song in my opinion. Pop is OK, but that hook is just to much.

That said, there are some good songs here: Last Dance, I Walk Slow, For Our Time, Kingdom Come. Both versions of the titular track are also good. However, as a whole, the album unfortunately is a miss.
on 28 July 2014
I was devastated at Covenant's last album - it was truly dreadful and not worthy of their name. To me, they had "lost it" - but what a return to form! This is such a strong album I, quite literally, cannot stop playing it. The opening track would have sat comfortably in any New Romantic nightclub. "Ignorance And Bliss" gets the "electrogoth" album cooking, but then KERPOW - "Last Dance". Greatest ever Covenant track? You decide. I'm too busy looking like a zombie because it knocks me out and if I dribble while I'm walking, then I have a good reason. The album overall??? The sound effects, the change in tempos and MOST importantly, that Electrogoth sound that I find irresistable is BACK! I will update this post as and when I can actually STOP playing "Last Dance" - Im hooked - The Gods are back on their throne!
on 8 January 2014
Yes, the boys are back with a fine album, doing what they do best in their own style. Good tracks and well worth a listen if you've not heard Covenant before.
on 20 September 2013
Although not as average as MODERN RUIN this album does again seem to offer several stand out tracks with a lot of filler/b-side material. Special note however should be made of the fact that if you partake of the MP3/Auto-Rip option you will miss out on the bonus track LEAVING BABYLON II. However this is in theory a hidden track on the CD so perhaps that was why the download version doesn't feature it. I find the main problem with LEAVING BABYLON is very few tracks go anywhere seemingly missing a stand-out chorus (FOR OUR TIME being a good example; it is practically one long verse). Then you have the fact this album consists of NORTHERN LIGHT era unfinished tracks now dusted off for 2013 but sadly they aren't anywhere as good as what could be perceived as COVENANT's finest hour. In fact a lot of the tracks here sound too similar to past glories; NOT TO BE HERE is pretty much THE WORLD IS GROWING LOUD, IGNORANCE & BLISS resembling BRAVE NEW WORLD via the PET SHOP BOYS. However as stated previously at least it's an improvement upon MODERN RUIN.
on 28 July 2014
Absolutely awesome album - their best yet in my opinion :-)
on 13 September 2013
this is absolutely fantastic.a real triumph.every song is magnificent.buy it immediately.been listening to it almost non-stop for a week.i would have liked more songs but i can't complain at what we have been given.
on 28 October 2013
This must be one of the best albums my fellow country men have released.
A great follow through album with strong songs