Customer reviews

on 27 August 2013
A young girl goes through grade school not fitting in very well, she goes to high school and is a bit of a loner. When she goes to a new school, it is then her life changes for good. It was when they compared high school to a penis that I started to really like this book. It was at that point that I just had to finish reading it in one sitting.

The blood vivicanti aren't like your usual vampire's you read about or see on TV and in movies. It's a new type of vampire and one that I can't wait to read more about. This was a great first part to what I hope will be a fantastic series.

I love Anne Rice and when I heard that her and her assistant Beckett were writing a novella together, I just had to have it. I read it all very quickly. It was short, but a great read. I can't wait to read the second part when it comes out.
on 17 February 2015
good story liked the world he made in this book
on 13 December 2013
The Blood Vivicanti is a unique and intense blood drinker story that keeps pulling you in.

Becket really gets into the psychology of his characters, especially Mary Paige, revealing an honest look into an introverted teen's rich, inner world. I found myself relating to her feelings of isolation and being misunderstood. I love that the story heads toward a silver lining. Every person's dream is to be where they fit in and flourish and this story delivers that.

Becket makes every sentence count. I hate overly fluffy books where it seems like the author was in a rush to meet a word count. This story has a flow that is akin to a mixture between Cormac McCarthy and Hemingway. He clearly put a lot of time and care into forming and understanding his characters and story, making this a story you're apart of.

Can't wait to see what happens next with Mary Paige and the rest of the Blood Vivicanti!
on 25 June 2014
I am so addicted to this series. I simply have to know what happens. So I've downloaded the next 3 parts in The Blood Vivicanti.

Well written, a story so unique and bold I was glued to my Kindle. A new breed of vampire - yes, more vampires and I devoured them. But these aren't just your everyday kind of vampires, there are no sparkles or huge love romances here. No, instead what we are given are blood drinking, memory eating vampires who pose more threat than any other vampire written about.

Becket weaves a tale so fascinating and with great pace that once you reach the end, you feel compelled to get straight onto the next part of the series. And that's exactly what I did. This first book is a great start to what promises to be a fantastic four parter. 5 stars all the way.
on 24 August 2013
Can't wait to see what happens next and find out more about how these vampires came to be! I love Mary Paige so far and really want to see ow her character develops. Wyn already sounds dark and mysterious! Love it!
on 23 August 2013
I love that Becket has written his own book. I couldn't put it down and was gutted when I reached the end as I want to know what happens next. Looking forward to part 2.
on 23 September 2013
Grabs you with it's style and content, then all of a sudden it's over, leaving you wanting more, just like the heroine in the story.
on 8 February 2014
The writing is very good and an enjoyable story. However out is more like a chapter of a book rather than a story. I'm on the 4th part now & it's starting 2 annoy me because if this. Even though most parts r under a pound I think the whole story, if there's more parts (which there needs 2 b), will cost £20ish!
on 3 January 2016
Liked the story but was too short. Really liked the concept of another type of blood drinker.
Feel that parts of the story become confusing due to the timeline, how future events are mentioned but not explained. Maybe these will be mentioned in the next books?
Look forward for the next one!
on 11 July 2016
Interesting concept. Sadly this 'book' is just a couple of chapters long. The 2nd book is also short. I think books should tell a complete story even when in a series. It feels like I'm being conned buying this series so I won't...........