on 14 March 2016
Love this book. Instructions and style of writing really good. Could do with a few more inspirational recipe ideas. The 'do-ahead' part really is very well thought out and clearly explained. I bought it for this reason and have used many times. I lot of 'traditional' recipes - hence my comment about more creativity. Great range of deserts, superb flourless chocolate cake. Overall very good - perhaps would have benefitted from a few more pictures. I am a real fan of James Ramadan - I have his 'Do-ahead Christmas' which is a life saver.
on 25 August 2017
useful
on 9 March 2015
Fabulous. The recipes are very easy to follow
on 11 July 2016
Excellent in every respect
on 27 November 2013
you all need one of these. Best christmas present for all family and friends. inspiring and delicious....fab fab fab fab
on 11 September 2013
Really enjoyed this read - James has a really 'likeable' tone and the recipes are inspiring and gorgeous. The idea of cook ahead is ace and has already helped me pull of one supper for ten!
on 28 November 2014
Too much faff for me - super cooks might love it.
on 1 January 2015
Quite complicated recipes/ingredients. Bought thinking it would make cooking easier but it's actually more difficult. The best cookery book I have bought recently is called Lucy's Food - absolutely brilliant!!
on 28 October 2014
Excellent!
on 28 August 2013
Its not every day that a cookbook makes you laugh out loud but Do Ahead Dinners made me more than once. It's written in such a laidback way that it stands out from so many recipe books that make you feel so under pressure! this puts you at ease and really makes you want to cook.

Most importantly the recipes are fabulous. Scotch Eggs are something I've wanted to try for a long time but never plucked up the courage, but the recipe here made it so straight forward! The friends I served them too were gobsmacked! I've also tried the Ceviche which was a hit, and the Cucumber Sorbet which was so good even my fussy dad liked it!

The photographs are also stunning - all in all a brilliant book!