on 19 April 2014
I got this to go with the fairly enormous Chapelwood Feeding Station. It's very stable, and has managed to cope admirably with everything that the wind/the birds have thrown at it in the week or so since it's been in the garden - it hasn't budged or warped. You don't push the spikes in all the way so removal for re-siting the feeder should be easy enough. If you have one of the larger/taller feeding stations, I'd recommend this as a must-have. I'm not entirely sure how stable mine would be without it. [Originally posted 19/4/14]

Edit 15/6/14: after relocating the feeding station, for the first time since getting the stabilisers I am less impressed. One of the legs snapped off and I'm now having to use a guy rope until I can sort out something better. I'm disappointed in this: Chapelwood stuff is usually better made.
16 people found this helpful
on 18 September 2015
Bought to accompany the Chapelwood Complete Dining Station with feeders that I bought and which is reviewed elsewhere. This is an excellent product that does a fantastic job of keeping Dining Station in the correct place. Even gale force winds are/were insufficient to have an impact (I don't know if it would survive a Hurricane though). For the purpose to which it is intended the stabilisers deserve a maximum star rating of 5 out of 5.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 February 2016
I initially gave this 5 stars. That was before the metal rusted through and each tine broke off one by one every time I moved the bird feeders around the lawn. The tines are not solid metal but square "tubes" which are thin walled and have no resilience to medium term exposure to the elements.
on 14 October 2016
This item broke when I removed it from the garden, to mow the lawn. One of the legs broke clean off, despite my balancing it evenly to pull it out. I was very disappointed - I had owned it for just three weeks. A waste of my money.
on 12 January 2017
It worked for a while but has rusted through pretty quickly and one of the legs fell off in under a year. Not particularly good given its for outdoor use.
on 16 February 2018
Worked for a bit but once ground wet and very windy it's now listing at an interesting angle despite my best efforts
One person found this helpful
on 30 December 2015
Sadly our stabiliser went the way of others and a leg snapped off at the first hint of a breeze. After reading reviews, I very carefully put this into the ground using a rubber camping mallet and equal taps on each of the legs. It went in OK and without damage, Sadly, by the morning, the leg had snapped and the bird stand had collapsed. I have returned this stabiliser and ordered a new one - I don't hold out much hope for it though!
on 2 February 2016
Absolutely love this! My bird table was in a sorry state, not far off a 45 degree angle grom the ground-my soil is a bit rubbish so no matter what i did i couldnt keep it upright.

Whilst on the hint for a different style of table, i happened upon this-BOOM table is verticle and super sturdy. We have had some 70-80 mph winds this week and its still standing strong. And the birds love it.
on 17 June 2017
Works well for smaller posts, but will NOT work with Guardman feeding stations. But it is a good product, and works well with my other feeder station.
One person found this helpful
on 15 February 2014
Stabiliser is excellent, though be careful how you press it into the soil / lawn. Make sure the soil is slightly loosened to that the legs go down vertical. Then tread in soil / grass around the legs Easy to secure the feeding station - and just love it watching the birds ( it also withheld the recent gust of very high wind) !!!
5 people found this helpful