Customer reviews

Chapelwood Complete Dining Station with Feeders

on 18 December 2014
I bought this as a present for the missus, but the birds love it too. It does exactly as you'd expect it allows you to feed the birds and watch them from the comfort of your home, provided you site it nearby of course. The construction is fine and as for stability it definitely needs some support as its a single tube that will work lose pretty quickly unless concreted in or supported in some other way. I can't recommend any stand as I hammered two wooden stakes in to support ours, which is fine. As for the squirrel baffle, I can highly recommend getting something as the squirrels in our garden were visibly smacking their chops watching me putting this up. I did have the last laugh though I used a £1.50 clear plastic mixing bowl as a squirrel baffle by drilling a small hole in it and attaching it between two sections of the stand - works a treat.
review image
22 Comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2014
This station is simple to construct (I prefer it to the Gardman product as the poles screw directly in to each other). However, mine weren't dead straight, and consequently this has a lean to one side. I agree with other reviewers that this works much better with the stabilizer (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EORK62W/) - I think it would be much better if the product was supplied with this rather than the feeders. These are of poor quality. I also use the excellent squirrel baffle (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004478PJ8/). This product is of good quality, in my view better than others on the market, but no-one seems to produce the ideal design!
on 20 January 2015
This is a bargain! The feeders are not as weak as some might suggest, they are made of a strong material and are light, the cost of the feeders if bought alone is nearly as much as the whole package as sold by Amazon. I don't normally leave feedback but this deserves a mention. The poles screw together, and the extra pole hangers are appreciated by birds as perches if placed just above and opposite the water and seed dishes. I have used only two of the poles as I have a very heavy reconstituted stone plant pot base which I bought cheaply years ago as the top had broken, it's a perfect base to hold the whole system steady. If anyone has such a base there's usually a short metal tube protruding from the top, we used part of an old bicycle handlebar which fitted around this tube and acted as a holder for the pole. If a little loose it can be wrapped using foil such as used pie dishes. I already had peanut feeders which are some distance from the house, I have placed this feeder no more than 3 metres from my front window where I have plenty of shrubs for birds to land on. It was an instant success, attracting dozens of birds all day, mainly Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, and the previously only occasionally seen Nuthatches and Tree Sparrows are regular visitors, I have now seen 14 Tree Sparrows at one time on the feeder. A pair of Doves use the seed tray and Starlings like the fat balls but also use the seed dish, I use a good grain mix including wheat plus extra sunflower hearts in the dish, and wheat free grain in the seed feeder. A sturdy, and well-designed feeding station which I would recommend to anyone.
review image review image
on 13 June 2017
Construction on this one is a bit flimsy. I have a gaardman, and that stands sturdily. This one was very difficult to drive into the ground (the shaft of the lower part is hollow, rather than a solid point, so it fills with soil on its way in), and will not stand straight. I drove it in straight, and it's already leaning over at a 30 degree angle, so I'll have to find something to stake it with. Not impressed. If the product won't stand upright without an extra part, it should be sold with that part. Unless you're planning to concrete this in somewhere, you'll probably need the stake that the company sells as an extra. I wouldn't buy this one again, and won't be recommending it either.
on 31 July 2016
Overall happy but it came with 2 Niger/nyger seed feeders and no seed feeder . Just bought a seed feeder from same place nearly £8.
Easy to put together. Hard to get in ground as concerned will damage screw fixing . Could do with something to add pressure or weight to get in to ground at correct depth
on 19 February 2016
Fab fab fab. Easy to put together, the fact it comes with feeders is brill - I bought one as a present for my brother and his young family, believing it would give them a chance to teach & learn about nature & also time together as thy watched the birds feeding, then I bought one for myself. Very relaxing watching the birds with a cuppa. With this feeder you get to see them all in the one place. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 23 February 2016
This is my second feeding station from this well known company. I have to say its perfect! You really cant fault it. One id bashed it into the lawn it just stayed put. None of the gales blew it down either. I have a farm so we have many trees for protection, but the garden is open space. Im going for a 3rd feeding station. Can never have too many. At this price, and at this quality I know i wont be disappointed.
on 12 June 2017
I loved this when it arrived and looks really good but I did have to stake it to brace it as our garden is quite windy and sadly the water bowl part has sheared off due to a very large pigeon who was enjoying the fatballs we had out 😂 as you can see from the picture he came back lol
review image
on 5 October 2017
This is an excellent product. Well made and looks very good in the garden. Other reviewers mentioned having trouble fitting the dishes. Mine slipped on very easily. I put this together and installed it on my own and it was not difficult. We have heavy clay soil so I had to use the metal spike (from our old bird table) and a hammer to make a hole deep enough. There was no indication on the pole how deep to bury it, but it soon became obvious with some trial and error. It's tall enough to keep our cats away from the birds too!
on 23 August 2017
It went together easily enough, although it is difficult to get it to remain steady in the ground. The problem is that no birds are yet willing to use it! I am told this will improve as it ages, but it is a drawback for a bird-table...