on 18 November 2013
This is THE pocket wine guide. All the most important wine producing countries are covered with vintage tables going back a decade. The individual country entries include more detail, including reports on recent vintages for the more well known regions and entries for individual producers etc. The French entry is the most comprehensive as might be expected, with Bordeaux having it's own section.

There are also sections looking back at the last couple of years and others with tips on food and wine matches.

I usually buy it every other year as the information remains current. I've bought or been given most of the better known alternatives but always come back to Hugh Johnson.
on 26 June 2014
These little books cone out every year and I buy them for both my husband and father and are read from cover to cover each Christmas.
I am not sure how big Hugh Johnson thinks people's pockets are but they don't change from year to year!
This little book gives an in slight into that years wine, it is informative on the wine, region, details and when the drink etc. it gives ideas on new wines to try and ones to avoid.
A must for both the beginner and the expert.
on 4 January 2014
It is a few years since I last bought a Hugh Johnsons Pocket wine book but it has got so much better with the passing years.
Great for finding out all you need to know about your favorite and new wines. Superb aid to selecting wines that work with particular food.
All in all I would recommend it to anyone interested in wine and at Amazon the book is great value.
on 15 September 2017
Always good. Depend on it.
on 9 March 2016
Good guide but difficult to follow in fact not such a good guide. Not well laid out or easy to understand at all.
on 1 November 2015
Tremendous info, but could be sold more cheaply - have got this year's from Book People
on 2 November 2015
What can I say...it's what it says it is! An excellent reference book for the wine enthusiast.
on 19 February 2016
Always a good reference source.
on 4 March 2014
I buy him this book every Christmas and he refers to it over and over throughout the year. He's always pleased when he's unwrapped it, even though he's already guessed what it is!
on 12 October 2014
I bought this as a kindle book to take with me wherever I go. I can then check wine facts at any time as long as I have my phone.