Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 September 2016
The seven-year-old twins of a couple who are on holiday are taken away, their nanny killed, and the boy has the presence of mind to try to contact someone on a toy device capable of sending signals. Lieutenant Eve Cassidy takes the case and sees a recording of what appears to be their mother – away at the time – kidnapping the drugged children.

This novella is a tight piece of plotting and I enjoyed the story very much. It’s set in a near-future and the story parallels a fairy tale. The children believe their abductor to be a wicked witch. I found the whole thing engrossing.
on 5 June 2018
As short stories go it was a good one, Nora doesn’t disappoint. I would have liked to see Eve interrogate the kidnapper, but the story focuses more on the twins.
on 5 April 2017
Dallas has only a few hours to save kidnapped twins before they are killed and eaten. Technology works hard but ultimately it is instinct and hunches based on experience that will make the difference.
on 27 October 2015
Just love all JD Robb 'Death books' I am reading them all in order, this one is as exciting as all the others , particularly the learning curve between Rourke and Eve. I really like the steamy romance against the crime story, keeps you rivetted.
on 18 March 2017
A great quick read in a easy style - some tension topped with humanity. Would recommend as a read on a journey when you can just immerse yourself.
on 20 May 2016
Another Dallas n Rourke great read. I enjoy these short ones from JD Robb as they slide so well in between the main "In Death" series. A well rounded story with most of the usual cast, excellent as always.
on 27 March 2015
I haven't read an jd.robb story for a while,my mistake.i so remember why I never miss one,the passion for finding the truth and to be honest eves relationship she has with children she has to find or is related to makes her the 'good lieutenant witch'.
on 27 March 2016
Loved this book. Certainly up to her usual standard, just not long enough!!! I'm working my way through all of j d robbs books, love the Dallas/roarke partnership.
on 5 April 2016
This is the first audio book I have purchased. It will be the last. The story was ruined by the narration - which was done in a false American and Irish accent. Did not do justice to J D Robb.
on 24 May 2017
Excellent story well written Dallas and friends are good company could not put book down