on 5 January 2014
Like many others I purchased this on a Black Friday deal.

I wasn't looking for it specifically, but I do have Norton Internet Security on my laptop and it is due for renewal so I went for convenience with the ordering.

In terms of what it does, could you get 'more' from something else? Probably, but as a basic computer user I wouldn't understand. Could you get something cheaper? Probably but I wouldn't know if it was up to the job. Should you bother shopping around for alternatives? Well that is entirely up to you but I have used Norton for many years and never had any serious viral issues and, for that reason, will continue to use Norton Internet Security for the foreseeable future.

Install is simple.

Updates are simple.

Scanning is simple.

Simple things (that work) keep me happy. Sometimes it's better the devil you know....
on 22 December 2013
As usual does exactly what it says on the tin. It now has the option to download directly rather than using the enclosed CD.
IMPORTANT It is VERY expensive to download from Norton when you get near the end of your subscription - they know you are desperate. Always purchase from Amazon or some other independent vendor and do it that way.
on 4 December 2013
I purchased this as part of the Amazon Black Friday deals, and it arrived the following day.

Very easy to install and you simply download the latest software, enter your product key and it is then registered to your Norton account where you can see all the other products you have purchased.

It is hard to review an Internet Security program, as you don’t actually know if it is picking up everything it should. However so far it seems to be working as expected – ran a scan and eliminated some tracker cookies, lets me know when files downloaded from the internet are safe to open etc. My biggest concern with Norton previously is that it impacted start up and performance times. I have not noticed this with this version so far. However, my computer is no longer going into power save mode which I wonder may be due to Norton running in the background.
on 6 January 2014
easy choice as been using norton for a year previous to renewal a great product which gives peace of mind with security so easy to install even for a novice like myself.
on 1 September 2014
For the record my disc install was from a motherboard trial and then I bought the Internet Security Key separately from Norton and downloaded the whole client trial to test v2014 as well as when LiveUpdate adds the definitions to an older disc install.

The problem is that the program is no longer for occasional users as it is always on in the background meaning that if you go more than say 48 to 72 hours without turning on your PC you're that far out of date that the user will leave themselves open to malware again whilst it catches up all the updates and you might as well reinstall everything or cover yourself with a separate antispyware program.

It's also annoying that you download the free trial of the latest version to update with the key you purchased and you still have to download all the Live Updates from scratch which in summer 2014 was an additional 320Mb (total almost 450Mb), compared to either the free or midrange version of ZoneAlarm which is a 200Mb download but at least nearly all the most updated antivirus definitions are ready to go after you reboot.

This newest version feels aimed at Fibre users who will take seconds to do downloads of that size compared to standard ADSL. So for the PCs you use all the time use the free trial to see if it works but for any computer in the licence group that doesn't get used every single day for a few hours, look for something else or check if Norton 360 isn't as demanding of a fast always-on connection.
on 16 January 2014
I had great trouble installing it this year unlike the previous 2 years. It required repeated pressing of buttons and I suddenly started getting problems with IE11 and with my internet connection .I am not absolutely sure if they were connected. I contacted Norton on 3 occasions for a total of 7 hours and up to 2:30am. In the end Norton said I had a bad internet connection so I had to contact my providers for a solution which puzzled them greatly for a total of 4 hours and then it suddenly started working again.

Bit of a nightmare over 4 days and I still don't know what caused the problem but it certainly caused me great annoyance
on 8 January 2014
Excellent security provided by this Norton device. Go and buy it. Have never used anything other, because Norton has never let me down.
on 22 February 2015
Amazon is always cheaper than Smiths on the high street for this and I've used Amazon for buying Norton software for the last 6 years with no problems. Not sure how Norton compares with the other brands but I like it because once installed it's easy to renew it.Only reservation is being unsure if Norton slows down the PC.
on 20 December 2014
Have always stuck by Norton Internet Security even though most years, their annual renewal charge is extortionate. I therefore buy new editions from Amazon each year at a sensible cost.
Security packages can be obtained for free on the internet but Norton gives the security of constant updates and the most up to date security.
Norton Internet Security is also a "Which" best buy where it scores the highest marks of all tested security software.
on 24 July 2014
This is an absolute must have for you laptop. There are a lot of viruses around with some making the headlines. This software enables regular full system or quick scan checks to be done putting your mind at rest. It also works on blocking attacks when you are using your laptop. It is a yearly subscription but well worth it for security and peace of mind