VINE VOICEon 9 March 2014
This Internet Security package from Norton represents good value from a respected provider. You can install this programme on 3 PCs. A couple things to note though - the subscription starts from the date of the first installation and you get no credit for days remaining on an existing Norton subscription. However, to balance this you do get upgraded to the very latest version of the Norton programme - so if during the year if a new version comes out you'll be able to upgrade to it. Also, when you compare the cost of this programme to even a single subscription purchased for download directly from the Norton website it is very good value.

In the pack you get a CD plus an activation code - if you are already running Norton Internet Security you do not need to run the CD, all you need do is enter the new activation code and your new subscription will start, plus, you can check if there has been a version update too.

In use Norton Internet Security has a clear interface and is largely self configuring - for many people it will simply install and run in the background with the occasional message about updates or events. This latest iteration of Norton does not appear to exert a strain on system resources like the versions of a few years ago - my computer (an Intel i5 with 10GB RAM) shows no sign of stress from using this package.

It is hard for a novice to judge the technical efficacy of an Internet security programme but Norton does seem to benchmark well in many professional reviews, so I am as confident as I can be that it will keep my computers safe. The updates seem frequent (often more than one an hour) which, in a world of constant internet security threats is also reassuring.

In summary, this Norton package offers good value and easy to manage protection for up to 3 PCs from a respected internet security provider. Recommended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 June 2014
There are many virus and internet protection software suites out there buit Norton always comes top of the effectiveness list along with Kaspersky.

Installation.
---------------
As I already had a previous Norton account installation was very quick. If you are new to Norton you will need to register to get updates etc. but this does not take long.

Interface.
-------------
This is very simple and easy to use. Basically this is a set and forget item as Norton will automatically do everything for you. The new Windows 8 type interface is clean, simple and effective.

In use.
---------
I run a full scan every week and it usually picks up cookies and other internet junk. It has stopped several email extensions ands warned me of many suspicious sites since I have been running it. Magazine reviews put Norton down as one of the best security suites along with Kaspersky. I am pretty confident it will look after me.

Overall.
-----------
A powerful but simple to use package that is a necessity these days. I am very happy with this software and its performance. Unlike older Norton Internet Security it does not slow your machine down as I have not noticed a performance loss since installing it. It does what it is supposed to do with the minimum of fuss. Highly recommended.
on 21 March 2014
Great value at under half the price Norton want to renew on line. Bought Anti Virus at first by mistake and had to return it using Amazons 5* returns service. Like all Norton products (except 360 which slows the PC), I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it as it's got a really useful password vault that's stored somewhere on a fluffy cloud and is so useful for switching between log-ins. This is approx my ninth year of running Norton and I've never had any attacks or viruses (touch wood). Only problem is their Purchase History when you log into your account as this shows all the 'free' trial downloads they have ever offered you and you can't remove them. Trying to sort out your current version and the relevant registration of other PC's is a bit of a headache. Marvelous customer service agents who are very polite and very helpful in the unlikely even that something goes wrong. My only ever problem has been that my authorisation code was refused (despite being printed on the disc) following a crash and re-install and I had to be sent a new one. Next problem will be is when I forget which code is which. If Norton thought a little more about making their site a little more user friendly, they could rule the world (especially now they store all out passwords !).
on 16 June 2014
Had a great deal of trouble loading it as it wanted me to buy direct from Norton. Even now months later it asks me to log onto their Account and then tells me it cannot access me. Very frustrating and probably the last time I buy it.
on 24 October 2014
This would get five stars but for the way this version takes over the machine. the machine hangs for 5 to 10 seconds regularly. That did not happen with the previous norton internet security or 360
on 5 September 2017
This item took up to much space on my computer.
on 6 February 2014
This is the 5th year running I have used Norton and i'm very happy.Easy to onstall and works very well .
on 20 October 2014
Good service and great product.
on 11 April 2014
Had this on all my computers over the years. Yes, I would recommend this product. I tried others, returned Norton.
on 14 January 2014
Does what it says. Quick and easy to use and found some items my previous package missed. Good value for money.