Customer reviews

Price:£17.63 - £27.99

on 17 September 2013
I found it ok and it did what it's supposed to do: keep track of time with basic alarm and stop watch.

First of all, it is bulky. And I am a big guy who likes big watches. So if you are looking for something more discrete, or if you are a smaller type, this is not the one for you. That said, I think it looks very nice and modern if you are ok with the bigger size.

On the plus side, it's very easy to read and it has the features it says it has. The dual time is a plus for me, since I bought it both for spots and for travel. Hence keeping track of both local and home time is really useful.

On the minus side, well, a few:

1) It has no night mode, so the best you can do is read the hour at night. You can't really use the watch, like change the alarm setting. The light doesn't stay on long enough, and it's a mess. So if you need to actually use the watch/stop watch under low light conditions, don't get this one but go for a more expensive model with night mode (i.e., a way to keep the light on);

2) it has no way to turn off the beeps every time you hit a button. Not a huge deal, but try to set the alarm at night for the next morning and you will wake up your buddy or significant other.

3) it scratches. A lot. I've had it for roughly a month with normal use (i.e., no hiking/camping or rough sports) and the visor is all scratched.

4) a small one, but to set the time/alarm you can't do the minute decimals. That means, if you have 8:30 as an alarm and want to change to 7:20... you need to go all around in the hours, then go up from 30 all the way around to 20 in the minutes. And keeping the button pressed doesn't make it go really fast. If you don't keep it pressed it gets annoying, plus you'll hear 50 loud beeps - one for each time you press the button. This is easily solved in other models by having a different setting for the decimals and for the minutes. In that way, 7:20 is just six or seven clicks away from 8:30.

Anyway, if not for the easy scratching I'd have rated four stars. Unfortunately that's a big minus for me in a month old watch, so I'll have to go for "it's okay". I was close to saying "I like it" (4 stars), but not really. And that only considering that it's ok for a budget watch, so don't expect miracles.
on 17 January 2011
I bought this as a gift for my 11 year old son for Christmas, its his first real GROWN UP watch and he loves it. The time is displayed in large numbers attractive to the eye and easy to read and it sits nicely on his wrist. He enjoys a lot of outdoor sports and needs a watch which will take a lot of knocks. He has only had it four weeks but so far its living up to its looks.
on 23 April 2017
This wath is of the no nonsense variety, easy to use, reliable in timekeeping , is waterfroof and the battery normally lasts 2 years. Great value buy .
on 19 September 2013
A nice watch and quite inexpensive. But be warned, the product details are misleading. There is a stop-watch function, a daily alarm and a second time zone, but there is NO COUNTDOWN FUNCTION! Since that was a feature that I would have found very useful, I'm rather disappointed. If you want the countdown function, look for another product.
on 21 July 2014
A piece of junk. Not even worth the low price tag. It kept poor time, steamed up in the rain and the stop/start button fell off after 3 months. I bought it as a sports, sailing and running watch, where I was reliant on a good stopwatch. Waste of money. Useless
on 10 June 2017
I wanted a simple digital watch with a clear display. It's quite chunky but looks ok. The light works ok so when I wake up in the morning I can easily see the time. It's not expensive so provided it works for a reasonable length of time I'm happy.
on 7 March 2017
Simple functionality, cool design, reputable company, cheap price - what's not to like? Oh - it's also very reliable too!
on 28 June 2017
Good
This is a good watch but I am amazed that it is sent out without any instructions as to how to set it up. I am not sure if this was an error or is normal. The buyer should not have to go on line to look up the instructions
on 23 May 2017
Nice watch but no instructions with it.