TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 April 2016
Quick, quiet, precise and comfortable

This is my third set of these, I had one at home, got another one for a second PC at home and even bought myself one to replace the standard set I was given at work, I am a software developer so I use this a lot...
So comfortable and the mouse does not feel compromised like some of the other Microsoft sets I have had, by that I mean it fits my right hand perfectly whereas some of the others which are made to suit either hand just feel wrong no matter which one you try.
Some people have trouble with the sculped nature of the keyboard, anyone that is very used to a standard straight keyboard my have a little trouble to start but it takes hardly any time to get used to it. I find the curve helps greatly reduce the strain on my wrists and allows me to type comfortably all day.

I like to try and review all of the products I buy on Amazon in order to help other people out.
If you found my review helpful please vote yes below or if not please comment and let me know why so I can see what was not helpful and use the feedback to improve future reviews.
Many thanks for your time.
on 10 January 2016
I would marry this if I could. I spilt a drink over my last one and couldn't get it to work, so immediately bought another. It's THAT good.

It's incredibly comfortable to type on, extremely nice for touch typing (which it is designed for - if you don't touch type then you will probably not get on with this as well as you otherwise would), the keys have a nice definite action without being hard to press. The mouse is extremely comfortable to hold also - I can't see the point much of the "start" button on the side but it is inobtrusive and I usually forget that it is there.

Overall, if you can touch type, get this. It is worth the money.
on 25 January 2014
I bought this keyboard mostly because it would fit into my new keyboard manager/drawer. It was critical that I could remove the wrist rest as there is already one integral to my keyboard manager.

I love this new keyboard.I get RSI and previously used a Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard. I touch type and the keys feel more naturally arrayed for my hands without the gap in the middle that can be disconcerting initally on the 4000. The key return is light and smooth and the keys all feel easily reachable for my smaller hands. So far, after a couple of days' use, the RSI seems to be calming down again. It's my first wireless set and that is all working smoothly as well. I'd really recommend giving this keyboard a try.
on 29 June 2015
Great ergo keyboard, it did take me about 48-hours to really get used to it/transition from my previous Microsoft sculpted keyboard - the principal keys are much closer together than previous models, but I love it now, it does (at least for me) exactly what's needed, preventing considerable hand/wrist pain. However, I've only given three stars as I'm really disappointed with the letter markings on the keys, after a very short period of time in use, the 'E', 'D' and 'C' have already started to disappear!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 September 2014
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Desktop – a keyboard and mouse combination – offers more comfort than usually provided from two very important computer peripherals.

The keyboard features several features that will make user experience more pleasant, such as detachable and cushioned palm rest, split spacebar which will ease typing and overall design which puts wrist in more natural position and enable user to reach more easily keys.

Speaking about the mouse, though I’m not big fan of Win8 OS, this one is fully optimized for it enabling user to easily switch currently used application and the home screen. Given that I still use Win7, it was nice to realize that it supports also direct opening of Start menu, and easy moving back and forth in your browser. Due to used technology mouse works on every surface you can think of though on bad side (for left-hand users) it’s more intended to those right-handed providing more comfortable usage,

Overall, Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Desktop is well-made combination that will be most welcomed by Win8 users who spend lot of time typing. Therefore do not expect some extra features but a good product that could be most recommended for business/office usage.
on 13 September 2016
didn't like the feel of this keyboard. weight of press and the keyboard felt laggy to me (but I can't qualify that with recorded timings)
Ended up buying another keyboard after only a week of use. Nothing wrong with this just not my cup of tea.
mouse is OK for an included wireless mouse. not up to gaming but for casual office work will be fine.
on 25 June 2016
The 'split space-bar' feature on mine doesn't work: the keyboard doesn't respond when I try to tun the feature on on as per the tiny instruction booklet. Doesn't matter, it's a feature I don't want to use anyway. Otherwise, it's okay. The mouse is good, although I operate the touch tab more often by mistake than deliberately.
on 19 September 2016
This is a well built office keyboard that feels like it is likely to last. There is a good response on the keys but not enough to cause any issues when typing at speed. The curved and raised design is very ergonomic and helps with typing comfortably for long periods.

The included mouse is fairly basic but also feels well built and is responsive enough for office use.
on 15 June 2016
Some years ago, I bought a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard and mouse. That keyboard was fantastic, but the mouse was always a little dodgy. Eventually the mouse packed up, and to avoid giving over another USB port for a separate wireless mouse, I bought this set with the expectation that the keyboard would at least be as good as the old one. However, I can't say I love the new one. After months of use, I still haven't gotten used to the keyboard, or achieved the speed and accuracy that I had with the old keyboard. This one doesn't feel nearly as solid, and the keys seem to be smaller. There's also something about the placement of the keys that makes it awkward for touch typing. So, I hit neighbouring keys with fair regularity.
on 10 August 2016
Sadly the keyboard was not I was expecting, it is a bit too flat for my liking (it has nothing at the back to give it a lift, but it has a wrist board), but because I needed it urgently I couldn't return it. So for that reason I am giving it 2 stars.