Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.39

on 11 September 2013
I am in love with this album and can't stop listening to it. So beautiful. My mind escapes when I listen to it. I love how Goldfrapp weave electronic & orchestral music together, whether it's the Felt Mountain approach or Head First. Alison's voice never fails to draw me in; particularly wonderful & sometimes haunting on this album. If you love all of their albums to date, you will love this too. Cannot wait to hear them perform this album live in November.
on 13 September 2013
I fell in love with Goldfrapp's music about nine years ago and I love each and every album the band have produced. Tales of Us is very much a contender for the very best. I have listened endlessly to the album over the past week and I find the beauty of the music and lyrics absolutely stunning. All of the tracks offer something special and Alison and Will have obviously crafted this album with great care, love and attention. Never stop making great music Goldfrapp, my life just wouldn't be the same without your wonderful, inspiring music.
on 10 April 2017
They've done it again - another beautiful album from one of my favourite music duos. Very chilled out, perhaps could be accused of being samey, but I love it.
on 31 May 2017
Great album to listen to in the evenings.
on 18 April 2017
Brilliant; back to what they do best !
on 28 February 2014
I read all the other reviews before writing my original review as I wondered what I was missing, having bought and loved all previous Goldfrapp albums. Initially I found this a monotonous piece of work but talk about an album growing on you - the quality of composition and musical craft is magnificent. Since buying the album I have seen Goldfrapp 3 times in concert and these songs are really powerful in the atmosphere of live performance. Interestingly, the band realise fans want more 'traditional' Goldfrapp fare too, and don't relay on Tales of Us to be the whole of a concert. I do wish they had included a more upbeat song in the middle of the album, to give a change of mood, but what is there, is impeccable.
on 9 September 2013
Another fantastic Album.......Excellently produced with Songs that gave me Goose Bumps especially Drew! I think they all did!
Brilliant.......This album blends in all songs Brilliantly to make a beautiful chunk of beautiful music.
Love the Album.
on 14 December 2013
This album is not composed of synthpop songs like Head First. The songs are laid back but unlike the Spaghetti Western style tracks on Felt Mountain. This acoustic-style album is a new direction for Goldfrapp and is very easy on the senses. Recommended.
on 23 September 2013
Back to form, where Seventh Tree was the essence of summer, Tales Of Us is autumnal. Lush strings, great phrasing, paints a dreamy atmosphere.
on 9 September 2013
Cinematic is an over-used term, but it applies to Goldfrapp because their hinterland is so full with references from film, art and literature that it creates light as subtle as dawn or dusk over their songs, and never more beautifully realised than on Tales of Us.

From the first taster it was obvious this was going to be something of a landmark - all the elements from Felt Mountain which make Goldfrapp special (a flawless knowledge of musicianship as opposed to pop tunes) distilled for an immediate escape into something mesmeric and beautiful. Anyone who's ever felt the hairs on their neck prickle at a score by Ennio Morricone or John Barry - to name just the obvious - cannot fail to be grateful for this album. There's no meandering - the songs are as consistent as a beautifully shot film yet driven with inspired hooks and melodies that flash and surprise and get caught in your mind.

It's also utterly contemporary - sparse, dark and intoxicating. `Thea' drives through the quieter waters with deep, dark rhythms... I don't mean to reference Kate Bush musically, but if you imagine the impact of something like The Ninth Wave in one sitting, you'll get an idea of how Tales of Us casts its spell. Just remember it's not pop - it's timeless and shining and masterful.