Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.39

on 11 September 2013
I am in love with this album and can't stop listening to it. So beautiful. My mind escapes when I listen to it. I love how Goldfrapp weave electronic & orchestral music together, whether it's the Felt Mountain approach or Head First. Alison's voice never fails to draw me in; particularly wonderful & sometimes haunting on this album. If you love all of their albums to date, you will love this too. Cannot wait to hear them perform this album live in November.
on 13 September 2013
I fell in love with Goldfrapp's music about nine years ago and I love each and every album the band have produced. Tales of Us is very much a contender for the very best. I have listened endlessly to the album over the past week and I find the beauty of the music and lyrics absolutely stunning. All of the tracks offer something special and Alison and Will have obviously crafted this album with great care, love and attention. Never stop making great music Goldfrapp, my life just wouldn't be the same without your wonderful, inspiring music.
on 10 April 2017
They've done it again - another beautiful album from one of my favourite music duos. Very chilled out, perhaps could be accused of being samey, but I love it.
on 31 May 2017
Great album to listen to in the evenings.
on 18 April 2017
Brilliant; back to what they do best !
on 12 October 2013
A sublime album, beautifully and delicately arranged. Subtle and compelling songs that weave a spell with Alison's voice at its most captivating. Comparisons with other works would just detract from the balanced beauty of this album, it stands alone, above categorisation.
And it grows in power the more you listen to it, a singular mark of a great album. Well rounded with not a weak track to detract from the whole thing. So many I've heard recently rate only one or two listens, but this one is on permanent play at the moment and it sets a standard that puts a lot of other current releases to shame.
I haven't heard anything this good for a long, long time, giving me faith that modern artists can produce something to equal all those "classic" albums that have gone before. It also has a wonderfully atmospheric, Autumnal quality, maybe a coincidence, but it fits so well with what I see outside my window.
But really, it's Alison's voice, wonderfully expressive and understated, that will ultimately haunt you..
on 28 February 2014
I read all the other reviews before writing my original review as I wondered what I was missing, having bought and loved all previous Goldfrapp albums. Initially I found this a monotonous piece of work but talk about an album growing on you - the quality of composition and musical craft is magnificent. Since buying the album I have seen Goldfrapp 3 times in concert and these songs are really powerful in the atmosphere of live performance. Interestingly, the band realise fans want more 'traditional' Goldfrapp fare too, and don't relay on Tales of Us to be the whole of a concert. I do wish they had included a more upbeat song in the middle of the album, to give a change of mood, but what is there, is impeccable.
on 9 September 2013
Another fantastic Album.......Excellently produced with Songs that gave me Goose Bumps especially Drew! I think they all did!
Brilliant.......This album blends in all songs Brilliantly to make a beautiful chunk of beautiful music.
Love the Album.
on 14 December 2013
This album is not composed of synthpop songs like Head First. The songs are laid back but unlike the Spaghetti Western style tracks on Felt Mountain. This acoustic-style album is a new direction for Goldfrapp and is very easy on the senses. Recommended.
on 23 September 2013
Back to form, where Seventh Tree was the essence of summer, Tales Of Us is autumnal. Lush strings, great phrasing, paints a dreamy atmosphere.