on 13 July 2012
I enjoyed this story. I loved the characters of Nick and Jamie. Some aspects of the story I found a bit predictable but it didn't ruin my enjoyment. The only thing that really annoyed me and started to grate on me was how Nick constantly referred to Jamie as 'his little recluse'. Yes she was a recluse when he first met her but he brought her out of her shell. OK if he had called her it in the first few chapters but the fact it went on for the whole book drove me mad!
That aside, I like this authors style of writing and will read more of her books.
on 21 November 2016
I liked this book so much more than the first of the series. It was much more fun and had me laughing and smiling the whole way through. Who can resist a loveable bad boy?
on 17 November 2016
As a rereader, I have definitely got to recommend this book!! It's yet another amazing book by RL Mathewson and I absolutely loved it 💙❤️
on 5 October 2017
These books are great and I wish there more more on the way. They always make you smile or laugh out loud
on 29 June 2017
a *****
on 8 April 2017
Another wonderful book full of laughs, tears and love. Knight in a not so shiny armour and a heroine with personality that isn't boring or obvious. I adored the way their relationship blossomed.. would recommend 😊
on 10 June 2015
Fantastic.
on 15 May 2017
Lovely story
on 9 January 2018
Yeah it was a great book. Really enjoyed it
on 7 July 2012
I love RL's work, and if I may say this is one of my favourite reads. Maybe not quite as good as her neighbours from hell series but close.
I really liked the way the story is presented, without the endless paragraphs laying things out. Instead the reader gradually learns the two leads back stories. Nick and Jamie are excellent together their dialogue is witty and humorous. Plus the sexual chemistry between them is electric. This story is about two people who at first impression are poles apart. But scratch beneath the surface and you will find that they have more in common than they at first realise. I loved the way Nick bossed Jamie around, to begin with I thought he might be a bit of a jerk, but he is written in such a way that you know he is really a good guy. Jamie is very shy and a complete doormat, that is unless you get between her and her chocolate obsession.
To sum up a fab read that is well written with great characters and a really good story. Oh and don't forget the hot love scenes. A very satisfying read.