• Amore
  • Customer reviews

on 24 September 2013
This is an album for lovers of great singing. Joseph Calleja gives us a mix of very well known traditional favorites and more modern classics. I am very traditional in my tastes and wasn't sure if I would enjoy some of the modern ones but I am completely won over by the artistry and musicianship with which Joseph delivers the music. It is in my view the mark of a truly great artist to be able to take the simplest music and create a masterpiece, not too sentimental and never forgetting the traditions of his or her art, with this album Joseph has shown once again that as well as being a magnificent artist on the operatic stage, he can also add distinction to the lighter repertoire. If I have the slightest reservation it is only with the rather soupy heavy handed orchestration if the very last track O Sole Mio. It is all too tempting to make comparison with other great tenors, Joseph follows in a great tradition, his voice and delivery has reminders of his forbears but he has his own special place.
on 5 September 2013
His voice is just pure pleasure, plus in every interview or performance I have seen him in he comes across as a lovely young man with, as we say in the north, no side to him.
on 16 January 2015
Oh! Fantastic. What a beautiful pure voice this man has. So many tenors seem to strain to hit those high Cs. Not this guy. He just floated on up there. I bought this CD rather than one of arias as I have the most popular ones already by several different tenors. I'm so pleased I did!
on 29 November 2013
This voice will go far. The first time I heard him I pricked up my ears. I did have a chance to hear him in Lucia at the Metropolitan in New York. What can I say. He brought the house down. He was a second cast at Convent Garden in Macbeth. He stood in for another tenor who was ill. Sometimes Lady Luck smiles on one. A voice like Joseph Calleja leaves one with memories. Thats life.
on 16 November 2017
I adore everything this wonderful singer does.
on 16 October 2013
What should a person say, everything is nice with this tenor
Seems to have a nice personality
Looks good, if he wants to come by a whole weekend a won't say no
But off course its the voice that gives you goose bumbs en at some points your hair on end in a positive way
on 10 January 2018
Again a sheer joy to listen to, I think I will wear them both out with the number of times I play them.
on 11 September 2013
With a great choice of songs and an untouchable tenor anything this man sings is pure velvet and gold. His latest CD which further enhances his already unassailable reputation.
on 9 February 2014
Fantastic, tremendous voice and what a joy to listen too. This was my first purchase after seeing him perform on TV. May now buy some more as he has such a wonderful voice and not overly operatic. reminiscent of Mario Lanza and Luciano.
on 16 October 2013
Joseph Calleja is immediately recognisable when he comes on the radio because his voice is so very special and so beautiful and his diction excellent. It is such a joy to hear him in what ever he signs and Amore is no exception.