Customer reviews

Greatest Ever 90s Pop
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 August 2013
Bought this today on the strength of the amount of tracks for the price, 60 tracks over 3 discs, and to pander toy my (guilty) pleasure in listening to the cheesiest 70s and 80s pop sometimes.

I'm happy to report that the pack delivers, and actually exceeds my expectations, and all tracks seem to be the original recordings, rather than what tends to happen on cheap compilations of "a member of the original band happened to be in the studio when we did this cover version" session albums of yesteryear.

Also, there are a few gems here that rarely appear on compilations, so I now have on CD for the first time.

On the whole, very pleased.
34 people found this helpful
on 28 March 2018
Absolute gems. I purchased this collection along with the 80's collection as music for a family party to celebrate my eldest Daughters 40th birthday. Every disc was filled with brilliant songs that brought back lots of memories and we danced the night away. Lots of fun was had by all. Great music and I would recommend these cd collections for anyone who wants to evoke memories of fun nights out etc.
on 26 August 2015
What a great collection! Only slightly disappointed that some tracks, such as Wig Wam Bam, Feels Like I'm In Love, Sugar Baby Love and Substitute, were included, as they seem to pop up on most compilation albums of this sort. But what a lovely change to find tracks like Convoy, Can Can, Seven Tears and Devil Gate Drive included. Couldn't we swap some of the more frequently found tracks and have another Sweet hit, a less often found one like Fox on the Run instead of Wig Wam Bam; Jukebox Jive instead of Sugar Baby Love; and Popcorn and Uptown Top Ranking instead of the other one hit wonders?
But really, no complaints, it's a terrific compilation and I'll be annoying my heavy metal neighbours with it a lot, I think!
on 22 October 2015
Ive always loved 90s music and when I saw this album I bought it for my collection . it was excellent value for money with lots of brilliant songs on. I would definitely recommend this album to anyone who likes 90s music....
3 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 October 2016
Love this 3-disc CD. Has a wealth of hits from the late 60s and 70s, predominantly 70s. I knew all the songs and many of them brought back some good memories of that era. I am very pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
on 2 October 2013
some just ok
some terrible
but the opinions above are based on my own musical taste
this review is going to be used for 5 box sets which I feel are all of a similar type
some good old toe tapping tunes
some will make you smile and bring back good memories
and some will make you cringe
but all in all a good range of tunes with something for almost everybody
great for putting on at parties etc.
on 6 March 2017
arrived early and i love the cds as some great songs on them and was a very good price as well
One person found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 11 September 2013
i CHOSE THIS RATING BECAUSE ITS VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY I BOUGHT THIS CD BECAUSE ITS THE TYPE OF MUSIC I LIKE AND REMEMBER FROM MY YOUNGER DAYS GREAT MUSIC ON THIS CD I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CD TO EVERYONE
10 people found this helpful
on 1 November 2013
this company dose 16 box set all of them are great and am buying them all because I like great songs and that's what you get with this set its Bubble-gum Pop 80 top hit all different types great bargain if you like early pop then buy this box set.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2015
Brilliant album with lots of good songs on it . I received this yesterday and pretty much had to try it straight away. I was very happy with the album and again good value for money. Anyone who like songs from people like Alicia Bridges and Fern Kinney would like this album. I would recommend this album to anybody