on 4 February 2014
I originally had and still use True Image 2010 simply for cloning my hard drives. That's all I really wanted it for. I decided to trade up to this latest version thinking it would be better than my older version. Got it all installed and activated and decided to have a go at cloning my newly formatted clean install of Windows 7 and all my software. There are two ways to go with this, either Automatic or Manual. I tried both and the system just hangs when I
try to proceed from the point where you decide if you want the new disc proportionally cloned or made to fit. Just cannot get this to work. The older version works perfectly so why on Earth did I buy this? Because we are constantly bombarded with offers and bribes to continually upgrade our hardware and software and stupidly I fell for all the hype. There's an old saying. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just want to add a further comment to this review. I tried to uninstall this program from my computer, even using Revo Uninstaller there is no application for Acronis True Image listed. I took the step of reverting back to a cloned disc I made a few days earlier. Warning do not install this program on your computer. I am convinced this is Spyware.
on 28 February 2014
Item not purchased via Amazon.
Have used all Acronis True Image Home versions since 2009.
Basic manually initiated full dumps, with successful restores when needed.
I am using 2014/b.6673 (update rel'd 11 Feb 14)
1) 2014/b.6673 dump created and VALIDATED okay.
2) On twin drive laptop have used prev versions of TIH to restore from 2nd disk many times.
With 2014/b.6673 the restore initiated / in-progress / calculating time / then job disappeared.
3) Tried with a 2014/b.6673 created CD. Restore just stopped RESTORE FAILED
4) Tried with a 2014/b.6673 created CD. Re-validate (validated ok at dump time) but this failed with RESTORE FAILED.
5) In the end managed to restore the very same dump file using a 2013/b.5551 CD.
Restores are now slightly traumatic knowing that if I cannot restore, Acronis support will likely take days and will probably charge a fee. (I waited after purchase for fresh update and my 30 day support had finished)
on 22 September 2014
It is incredible that in 2014 a company can place a product in the market as buggy as this.

Bought 2014 family pack. Installed on the first computer and configured some backups. On that computer even if the backup fails, everything is green on the main dashboard.
A simple change in parameters of a backup is not possible without corrupting the other backups.
Backup from a network server does not work. TI keeps failing connecting to the server, even if when configuring the backup there is no problem accessing the server.
Backup to a network server takes an eternity. Network usage 3%...
Random crashes and backup configuration corruption.

This software is unusable. DO NOT BUY IT. Looking for alternatives...
on 16 January 2014
I've been a user of Acronis backup software on and off for years, some versions have worked OK and some have been truly lamentable, if not unusable. This, along with more recent versions, includes Cloud storage, although the free amount of storage is not that much (hence a star off) and you will probably need to purchase extra if you want Cloud backup; but this is reasonably priced in my view.

I want my backup software to be three things:

1. I want it to be fast
2. I want it to be intuitive (especially when restoring)
3. I want to be able to set it and forget it

This is an excellent product on all three counts, it's my first venture into Cloud backup which I now run daily and it provides added assurance against the burglar who steals both your laptop and your backup drive. The initial backup takes some while (depending on the speed of your upload connection) but once done the incremental additions are quick and painless. I also use this for offline backups to external media which it handles just as well via USB 3.0. Bundled with a few additional tools and utilities which might come in handy, this is a solid backup solution and better than anything your average operating system can offer (although users of Apple's excellent Time Machine may disagree and they may well have a point); but Windows backup remains useless and always has been.

So if you want ease of use, good value and solid performance for reliable backups you could do a lot worse than this latest offering from Acronis, definitely recommended.
on 17 February 2014
I am completely in agreement with Witchfinder General. Acronis 2014 is Bloated software, hit and Miss. In fact it is rubbish! I bought Acronis True Image 2014 to replace Acronis 2010, when I upgraded my computer. I have spent hours trying to get it to work and failed.
In addition I can say that the programme is very badly laid out, with settings and buttons all over the place, some of which do not appear until you hover your cursor over them. I have three portable back up drives which I back up to, in turn, every day. Well this stupid program keeps sending me error messages saying it can't find the previous day's back up. Why? I don't know. Because it still does the back up! Quite Bizarre! I tried to get Acronis to help, but they refused to do so unless I paid them a fee - to fix their own cra**y software! (Don’t you just love computer companies that sell you rubbish and expect you to pay to sort out their problem issues?)
And the settings don't always stick. You set up a backup process with all the settings, save it, and exit, then go back in and discover the settings have all reverted to the default. I discovered that I had to change a setting, then jump to another tab, and then save that setting in order to get the settings on the first tab saved! (Or something equally ridiculous!)
Then the stupid programme refused to do a backup because there was not enough room on the disc. And yet, when I looked at the disc, or forced it to back-up anyway, then there was enough room. With all the warnings messages that I was ignoring (see above), I then missed that it had refused to do a backup for over 10 days!
Andy B says he wants his backup software to be three things:
1. I want it to be fast
2. I want it to be intuitive (especially when restoring)
3. I want to be able to set it and forget it
I think Acronis 2014 is pretty fast - it takes about 1/2 hour to back-up 80 GB. That’s the good part.
But the program certainly is not intuitive; it is totally confusing. 2010 was bad enough, but this is quite disgraceful. And one cannot just set it up and forget it, at least not if you are using portable discs! (Backing up to the cloud might be different - I have not tried that, because I was put off when I read about it. Nothing about how safe and secure and confidential my files would be in the cloud. In any case - how long would it take to back up 80GB a day to the cloud?)
I also tried incremental back-ups. Guess what - more indecipherable error messages.
I tried to work out how to name my back-ups – totally failed on that one – their explanation is just useless.
Etc. etc etc. I am tired of writing all these criticisms. I hope someone from Acronis reads this and does something about it. My next big concern is that I now have to waste time finding an alternative!
on 1 February 2014
Wasted 4 DVD's as the software was incapable of performing backup to multiple DVD's properly. The first time it stated that it would be over 1 hour but in reality it meant the entire task and not for the first DVD. It then claimed the task had timed out. Therefore I had to start again. The second attempt failed after DVD number 3 even though I inserted DVD 4. There is no indication of how many DVD's are required and at what stage the burn is of each. Useless. I then gave up and installed other software. Don't buy this unless you like wasting DVD's.
I bought this requiring only its simplest elements:

- Ability to create a rescue DVD
- Ability to have a "recover at boot" (press F11) option
- Ability to make full and incremental backups of a mechanical HDD to an external (USB) mechanical HDD
- As above for both one off and scheduled
- Work with XP
- Restore correctly

I have done all of the above, except a real life restore.

There are many other configurations and programs/options that Acronis 2014 has. I didn't need them. Some of the other reviewers have had problems so read their reviews carefully if you are going beyond the pure vanilla that I needed.

Bought another copy of this and used it on a Vista laptop that previously had Acronis 2009 installed. Backup and restore work well. However the process is much slower than 2009. Acronis can take minutes to list the source images. Then a minute or two to list the destination drives. Then a minute or two when switching between partition mode and disk mode. Then a minute to allow you to check the "restore disk serial number" (or somesuch). The actual backup and restore doesn't seem to take any longer than previously.
on 6 May 2014
All the reviews say that Acronis 2010 (for windows 7) and beyond had bad problems so I hadn’t bothered with it.

However, this (free) Western Digital version of ATI 2013 seems to work fine and I have imaged Windows 7 stuff onto different sized drives etc with it perfectly
Presumably they wouldn’t give away something that messed up their drives
(Windows has its own imaging system but it doesn’t work properly )

Get it at: [...]
A big relief to be able to use it again

It needs to find a WD disk somewhere - one on a usb drive is ok
I have used an old WD disk in one of these usb things
on 1 March 2015
BE WARNED!!!!!!
I bought Acronis 2013 and have used it pretty much ok.
NOW (MARCH 2015) It throw an error message and will not function.
Contacted Support and was told 2013 version was OBSOLETE (after less than two years.....) and they would NOT ASSIST.

GO ELSEWHERE!
on 29 November 2014
Acronis True Image 2014 has a habit of filling up my boot drive with numerous 250GB files with names ending "DemonData.swapFile.dat" in the Temp directory. This is a known issue on Acronis forums but they don't seem to be able to fix the problem. Very frustrating.