Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 May 2010
This album is to be treasured. Every song is beautifully sung and exquisitely arranged musically. I love it and have some personal favourites. Some of these songs were written especially for Stacey whilst others are a mix of classics from both the American song book as well as French pop. Thank you for this album - it has pride of place in my CD collection.
on 8 June 2010
She just gets better and better.
Every song on this album is beautifully arranged and sung.
"Au coin du monde" and "La Vénus Du Mélo" are my favourites but that does no injustice to other ten.
Thanks Stacey, another exquisite album and certainly one for all Francophiles.
on 2 October 2015
This a lovely record, Stacey has such a wonderful voice, part little girl and part sexy adult woman. The French accent sounds second nature to her too, unlike many Americans who destroy it!/
It's such a lovely voice I could listen to it all day, but is this her best record? I'm not sure, there are so many alternatives, and my collection is nowhere near complete. It is sufficient to say that the money was well spent. Even if you don't speak French, and sadly mine is nowhere near good enough, the essence of the songs and the timbre (ooh, French!) are worth listening too.
on 16 May 2010
A return to smokey intimate jazz for SK. Most chilled out album I have bought in a long while. highly recommended if you are either an SK fan of longstanding like me or trying her out !
on 4 July 2016
This is the first time I've bought an album by Stacey Kent - so glad I did; even if you don't understand a word of French her quirky, joyful and original arrangements of these songs are a delight. I've been playing it constantly for ten days now! I can understand enough French to get the gist of most of the songs; some lovely new words here too and all the lyrics are available online in translation. Stacey is American but was close to her grandfather who insisted they spoke only in French; the gift he gave her shines through here, her accent is flawless. If you want something which sums up the very essence of France, buy this.
on 6 May 2011
This is one of the most beautiful jazz-flavoured albums I've ever heard.
Stacey Kent continues to grow into a singer of the first rank in a world that
has long been deprived of its Billies, Sarahs and Ellas. Hear her live!
on 16 June 2011
Have just discovered Stacey Kent after finding out who was singing on the tv advert (Hushabye Mountain). Have Collection 111, which is great and have just ordered this cd after borrowing it from the local library. Love to hear her singing in French. Perfect to chill out to, in my case late at night. The arrangements are excellent and the tenor sax playing adds that extra "je ne sais quoi".
on 22 December 2010
Stacey sings beautifully as usual. This is one of her best yet. I only wish my French was up to understanding all the lyrics.
on 28 December 2010
This is a great album. Stacey Kent is brave to release a whole album in French - but it pays off in spades. It is brilliant, classic, chanson jazz. My personal favourite is La Vénus Du Mélo'. Just playing it makes the dark winter mornings that more pleasant and lighter.
on 28 June 2011
This is great album by Stacey Kent, any one who likes great songs sung
by this fabulous artist should buy this cd. The backing group are top
class even though David Newton is missing on piano, but Graham Harvey
is terrific. I have many Stacey Kent albums, this certainly one of my
favourites and my opinion the best female jazz singer around, so go
out a buy it now !. By the way, I can't understand any of the lyrics,
but it makes no difference.