The Haunted Man
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 March 2016
One of the most original singer/songwriters to appear in the last few years, Bat For Lashes is an astounding audio experience.
If you like Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Goldfrapp, Moloko, Clannad, Enya, Ladytron or retro 80's electropop like New Musik, The Buggles or Sinead O'Connor you will love this.
I came across this artist completely by accident very recently having not heard her previous two albums and was immediately blown away - all three of her releases are ethereal, haunting, astonishing and her fourth album The Bride is out in July.
I can hardly wait.
A mind blowing, astonishing and haunting experience.
Five Stars a definite must buy.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 June 2016
First-I am in love with Natasha Khan for the music magic she has created on her first 2 albums.
And then this album came.
played it. played it and played it.
Nothing. Not a single song drew me in-made me feel bad as i would have like to have yet another of her albums to enjoy
This just left me flat; I thought maybe the music business was too much to bear for Natasha-it had worn her down
I see now that THE BRIDE is due for release soon-I hope she has recaptured the magic that was Daniel, Horse and I, Glass, Two Planets etc
on 23 February 2013
'Ethereal' may sound something of a lazy cliché, however it is completely apt when applied to Natasha Khan's third studio album, a quite literally haunting series of sensitively crafted and universally exquisite pop songs. The stripped naked cover photograph immediately put me in mind of Annie Lennox's 2003 album Bare, and that's not the only similarity - Khan's fragile yet tensile vocals and wistful arrangements have more than a little in common with those of Eurythmics, as well as the likes of Kate Bush and Eighties indie darlings The Lilac Time; amongst others. The album has a mature honesty and underlying confidence that exceed that of previous effort Two Suns, but like that worthy it is a bold and accomplished collection that showcases Khan as an outstanding talent in the increasingly competitive world of female pop.
on 13 December 2012
I came to Bat for Lashes unexpectedly through a TV teletext play of her early Glastonbury set and shortly afterwards saw her on the Mercury award show for her first album. I immediately fell for the haunting melodies and fantasy tales - reminiscent of a young Kate Bush mixed with a slice of Yes or early Genesis! The new album is clearly from the same stable and she has continued the winning formula with another enjoyable addition to her catalogue.
on 5 February 2013
As a new fan to their work, i discovered this album by an off chance when looking at other artists on here. I do own the previous 2 albums, so i knew i was expecting a good voice and music from this. And i'm not wrong either, this is a good album. A different direction for the style of music used is on here, so don't expect stuff from earlier albums to appear.

Overall, it's great. Can't fault it.
on 4 February 2013
BFL's ethereal electro sound can sometimes be too empty for its own good, or on record fail to capture the added power of her live shows, but on 'Haunted Man' it all seems to come together more strongly. While 'Two Suns' was okay on record but excellent live, 'Haunted Man' is much stronger on record to start with. If you grew up listening to Bjork then you're still not going to find anything new here, but as one of the UK's only real producers of this sound right now then our Natasha's still doing a fine job.
on 17 February 2013
You can tell early on that Ms Khan has been much influenced by Kate Bush, or at least the young Kate Bush from a while back. Whilst much of this album is simply - to use this over-used word - 'nice', I found myself being a bit disappointed by the 'sameness' of many of the numbers in this compilation - and I longed for something a bit bouncier, more upbeat and 'catchier' and - dare I say it, yes, even 'WILDER' than the songs that were assembled here. Overall, I liked the package, and have listened to it several times, now, but I would have enjoyed more originality, I think.

I loved the originality of the album cover, though and commend both subjects' nerve in doing it. If only the songs could have taken 'difference' as their leitmotif, I might have given this album an extra star.
on 3 July 2013
It is a concept album. There is a general theme of healing. Stand out track is: Laura. A good album for people who enjoy Kate Bush.
Diehard fans of the multi-talented Natasha Khan will love her voice, on full display here. Geographically, think the Sussex coast. If you are new to Bat For Lashes, this can be an entry point to contemporary English folk. Think a prog rock take on Fairport Convention.
on 5 January 2013
I really cannot fault this purchase.
I had not been aware that they had a new album out and I was not surprised that it is, again, a great piece of music.
Excellent info, purchase and delivery. Not as keen on cardboard sleeves,I have a huge CD collection, which is why i don't download music.
on 22 April 2017
Arrived on time and product as expected.