on 8 September 2013
I really enjoyed Rizzle Kicks' first album, so I was really looking forward to this one. They seem to have gone in a slightly different direction on this one, with the theme of the instrumentals on some of the tracks. I guess the album title is a bit of a clue there. If I'm honest I'm not sure I like the way they've gone, but wouldn't say I hate it. That said there are several really great tracks on here - Skip To The Good Bit (based heavily on EMF's "Unbelievable"), Don't Bring Me Down, and That's Classic are all great. That's Classic was released as a single some time ago, and when I first heard it I was thinking, "what the heck is this?!", but the more I listen the more I like it, and I can see it being the same with the rest of this album. So even if you don't like this album at first, it just might be worth giving it a chance.
3 people found this helpful
on 6 October 2013
The Sunday Times raved about it and I was a little unsure after the opening track - it just seemed to be an adolescent rant... but the rest of the album is really cool; lots of interesting cross-over sounds and in true Rizzle Kicks stylie - horny or trumpety should I say! Not sure they need to use all the expletives though - they're better than that!
3 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2014
I love Rizzle Kicks first album, and sometimes bands go in a direction that you don't really like on the next releases. Luckily this was not one of those times.

I liked it from the first listen, but once you listen to it a few more times you really get a grasp at how good it is! They have matured, but in a way that is still fun, and is still Rizzle Kicks.
on 25 January 2014
oh dear oh dear Amazon, you can't pack a cd in a cardboard envelope and expect it to get through unscathed every time. Needless to say I've sent it back. Rizzle Kicks seem like a fun group. They probably won't go down in history but are good listening right now.
on 4 March 2017
Great album and I am still listening to it long after I bought it. Good delivery.
on 5 December 2013
This was bought as a xmas present, for my grandson. Packaging and delivery good and disc works. Word of warning, if like me you havent heard their music. It wasnt suitable for my grandson as the language is quite explicit. Had to give it to my older grandaughter instead. Otherwise no problems.
One person found this helpful
on 23 November 2013
We love it. I am in my 50's and have this in the car to listen to with my 17 & 10 year old children. We loved the first album so this enticed me to buy this and we are so pleased we did. Was not instant love on all tracks but it's growing on us every day.
on 14 December 2013
Track number one does not do this album justice. It's clear that there is more intellectual thought thAt goes into a Rizzo kicks number that the duo care to make people aware of. The difficult second album is where most artists stumble and take one or two more attempts to capture that original sound. That is not the case Here. The roaring twenties is an original concept; vibrant, thought provoking and and with some proper good tunes! Buy it or else regret it. Enough said.
on 12 December 2013
Following on from their last album, the boys from Brighton continue to grow and this collection contains a better variety than before. Good singalongs and th melodies stay in your head all day. Just a shame that they feel the need to use adult language therefore restricting their target audience.
However from my point of view, it was a good purchase and am still listening to it regulary. Go listen for yourself!!
on 10 November 2014
Brilliant album!!! I listen to it going to work and it lightens my mood for the day.
I had enjoyed some of there music before but was unsure of what to expect both very good musicians. Harley has a wonderful soulful voice.