on 5 July 2015
I'm a long time fan of David Walliams - and in saying that you may think this review is a tad biased. Rather, this series shows why I love David Walliams' work - he continues to mature and progress through his career.

In this series, his character is a shy, naive, full-on-straight guy who has a crush on the French teacher. And though there is potty humour, it is kept at a minimum and fits the story line, it does not feel like it is thrown in for a laugh. (Sexual innuendos? Well, they're par for the course nowadays but are in no way offensive.)

The casting is fantastic - a true ensemble - and though most of the stars are brilliant in their own right, not one of them comes across as the star of the show. I've not seen Philip Glenister in a comedy like this and was surprised at how well he pulled it off.

I thought Series 2 worked just as well and so would suggest purchasing that DVD, as well....
on 21 January 2018
In one day I saw season one...BECAUSE it was so hilarious so wonderful and such fun!!! It was impossible for me to push the stop button... Great series and even the actors are so amazing!!! Love this series. Have a look at it and enjoy watching and laughing from the start until the end of this great series. I will recommend it - absolutely "yes" I do!!!
on 23 July 2014
I absolutely adore this show. Catherine and David are both a joy to watch on screen - TOGETHER! Their chemistry is devilishly cheeky. I'm American so after my first taste of Series 1 of The Catherine Tate Show, I couldn't really get into it. After seeing her in Doctor Who, I just couldn't get enough of her. I then picked up where I left of on the CT show and FELL. IN. LOVE! In awe with her AND the show. She's indeed a multi-talented/faceted actress. I'm very much looking forward to Series 2 of Big School this August.

At any rate, enjoy the show. It's a decisively smart/quiet (not gut-busting) and a nichey bit of sitcom.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 November 2013
This set of dvd's make up the first series in this highly comical send-uo of the teaching staff at a large school. The cast are all perfect for their varios roles and you almost feel as though you are a fly on the wall and cringe with embarrasment at some of the writers scenario's. I really hope that the BBC does a series 2 because Big School as legs that will easily walk it through another season.
on 5 August 2014
Love this Series - Made me laugh so much -

Excellent casting - More of Francis De La tour's Ms Baron next series please. Philip Glenister as the PE teacher was perfect casting. Catherine Tate and David Walliams squables are hilarious!.

Would highly recommend this -
|44 Comments|Report abuse
on 3 June 2016
Generally I don't like David Walliams, he is predictable and boring, however this was one of the funniest things ever….if you need a great laugh,,,, this is it…...
on 1 August 2017
Quietly brilliant. I got hooked on it. Walliams is his usual stereotypical character but everyone else is brilliant.
on 23 May 2015
David Walliams on possibly his highest form yet.... !! Amazing cast!!! Exactly what my school's staff room is like... I'm defiantly Mr Church lol!
on 22 June 2017
Absolutely fantastic comedy with a superb cast
on 23 May 2017
Enjoyed the first series, not surprised it ended after the second though