on 18 January 2014
Took it on holiday to Switzerland for 10 days and worked well for that. Had enough room for everything on way out - just don't buy anything! - and bag lasted without any issues. Glad I got wheels as I wouldn't have wanted to lug the thing around on my back. Whereas my other half went with the non wheel version. Took it on the easyjet flight no problem and found great freedom in not having to wait for the carousel bags. Plus it saved money. Two pockets on outside were useful for passport books etc. Will be happy to use again. Purple colour stands out so no one is walking away with it easily.
on 21 March 2017
Great trolley backpack. Have used it numerous times as cabin hand luggage and for going away weekend trips in Britain. Lots of compartments. Good sturdy wheels and handle. Hidden rucksack straps in the back if you want to use it as a rucksack, well designed. Only negative is it can topple over with the weight of clothes etc. in it but all the positives outweigh that and I would definitely recommend this product.
on 19 December 2016
For all you travellers out there. Great purchase
on 18 September 2011
These bags are great for flying with Ryanair and just taking the 10kg hand allowance. You can get loads of stuff in them. However don't put too many bulky items in the front zip areas or the bag won't fit in the Ryanair measuring thingy. I had a hairdryer and some mini straighteners in there and had to stuff them in my (large) coat pockets in the end. Only other thing - there are 2 velcro patches on the back of the panel that opens up to let the back straps out - which are presumably to keep this panel in place when the straps are being used. On our bags there was no opposite velcro for these to stick to. A manufacturing fault I think, but I didn't have time to send the bag back before flying. This wasn't a big deal though because mostly we just used the extending handle and wheels or the handle on the top for lifting. I would recommend these bags.
33 Comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2013
Well I have recently received this item so not yet traveled but so far I am really pleased. Firstly the colour is a really rich royal purple, it is the new model which measures 55x40x20 and has the zipped in extending handle with a stitched in flap to prevent the previously reported problem with access to the main compartment when the handle is extended.

On receipt of the item I have fully packed it and confirmed it is still within the size required, caution should be taken with packing, as it would be easy to over stuff it and if you don't take care it can topple forward - easy to avoid with good packing though. The compression straps do help to squeeze it into size if needed but with every I need for 3 nights away in cold weather I didn't need to use them.

The quality of the bag seems really good (especially for the price and whilst keeping the weight down), I have checked all stitching, zips and straps, all A OK. The fabric does feel light however it seems strong and sturdy, I think it is the same material as similar bags I have, (Eastpack, Nike, Northface etc) it is just that these have additional padding or lining which makes them feel more substantial and consequently heavier, I am confident that with a little care this bag will happily accompany me on many city breaks for years to come.

The only thing I would like to see added to this bag is some internal compression straps as at the moment I am packing but rolling my clothes as unless the bag is full everything sinks to the bottom. compression straps would be easy to add in and really aid the packing and use of the bag.

If I do find out anymore while traveling with my bag I will update this review.
22 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2011
I bought the Cabin Max as I was going to Italy with Rynair and was conscious of their strict carryon luggage policy. It worked like a dream and was easy to carry both as a wheelie case and as a rucksack I would definately recommend it.Cabin Max Flight Approved Carry on Purple Trolley Rucksack Bag 44L lightweight wheeled luggage
on 29 August 2013
Seem well made, and I especially like the multi-utility of as a carry bag, wheelie, and rucksack. This is to confirm that the bag (full) is the correct size for both Jet2 and Ryanair flights. It fits easily into the containers and when full weight between 7.5-9.5 kg.
on 19 February 2015
This bag lasted two years for me, however I had quite a number of flights, it must have been at least 30 flights. Since the bag doesn't have a very solid frame, it shouldn't be used for carrying heavy things. The bottom of it quickly starts bending and the corners starters ripping after about 4th flight. But the bag is relatively light and can be converted from a trolley to a backpack which is amazing and the measurements are exactly what Ryanair lets you take on board. No one has ever asked me to put this bag into the metal frames for bag size checking. I also loved the straps at the sides that would keep the bag in shape. The end of the bag, though, came when the top handle broke. I can't be bothered using it as a backpack all the time so I just left it in my storage. It's a good bag overall and I would recommend it.
on 16 July 2013
Fast delivery
Perfect for carry on or rucksack.
Did not need a hand luggage as this bag was quite big
Overhead cabin fit
would recommend this product
on 10 July 2013
Does the job very well. Capacity much higher than my hard cabin bag. Slightly less stable on its wheels than solid bag.