on 29 September 2017
Really impressed with this cribbage board, it is very well made and looks and feels like it cost a great deal more than it did. The pegs came in a separate cloth sachet, but they fit easily in to the pre-drilled hidden holes at each end of the board, and drop out easily too. I checked this before handing over the board as a present - thanks to previous comments on here about the storage hole size. Not a problem with my purchase at all. The hidden ends of the board are screwed on slightly off centre, so they will only fit flush with the main board if turned in the right direction. A great deal of care has gone in to making this product and it shows in the workmanship. Any cribbage enthusiast would be delighted with it. I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend this one if you are in the market for a cribbage board. Well worth a 5 star rating. The great pity is I am giving it away to my mother for her birthday, as I would like to keep it for myself.
on 17 June 2015
I spent literally hours online looking for a nice cribbage board, taking various things into consideration, i.e., price, size, containing "match holes" in the centre track, inlaid wood, colour etc., and eventually settled for this one. On first inspection I was delighted. After reading some of the other reviews I checked that the pegs, (4 black & 4 white), fitted the holes properly. All were absolutely fine. The pegs themselves are very nice and are like small "pawns" from a chess set and go very nicely with the style of the board. The board stands firmly on all 4 feet with no wobble. The picture shows 3 "match holes" at each end in the centre track but mine has 4 but I guess I could class that as a bonus. The end sections that revolve to expose the peg storage holes are a perfect fit and are absolutely flush at the top and sides with the board when closed. So far, very good!

Now on to the peg storage holes. There are 2 at each end, each hole holding 2 pegs. One reviewer mentioned that the storage holes for the pegs were tight for the pegs and they could get "wedged in". This is very true!! I very carefully put the pegs in the holes, (which DID feel a tight fit), and only got 2 out by up ending the board. The other 6 were well and truly stuck. If it weren't for my neighbour who's a carpenter I'm not sure what I'd have done. He managed to get the pegs out with very thin tweezers and made the holes bigger with a drill. It's now perfect and the pegs drop in and fall out with ease. I don't know if all of these boards have this problem but drilling the holes slightly bigger makes this board FABULOUS! I'm now REALLY PLEASED with it and even my neighbour commented how good it was and how nice the woods are, (very hard!). It certainly could pass for a more expensive board and it would have got 5 stars from me if the slight adjustment wasn't required. If you can use a drill in case the holes are slightly small I would definitely recommend this cribbage board!
on 26 October 2017
Finally got round to using this board. The good news, nice mix of wood. That’s where the good news stops. I could put up with 4 wooden feet that meant it slipped all over the place (removed and replaced with stick on rubber feet). What I can’t put up with is poorly drilled holes that mean the pegs won’t go into 7 holes and 3 are COMPLETELY MISSING!!! How can this ever get past QA??
review image
on 24 January 2018
Poorly finished. Present so unable to return.
on 2 May 2017
Great. Arrived on time. good price. Good product.
on 23 April 2017
After reading the mixed reviews for this item I purchased it with a little trepidation but am delighted to say it is a great little cribbage board in all aspects, nice looking, well made and actually looks good out on the table, not one to be hidden away in a draw to be forgotten about.
on 23 October 2016
Delivered on time. I found them nicely made and very attractive ... our Crib team loves them. The only down point is that the hand-carved pegs provided are rather small for our ageing fingers - fortunately the holes fit standard pop-rivets superbly.
on 7 March 2016
This was the second cribbage board I have ordered. The first one showed appalling workmanship and was returned immediately. This board was delightful and well made. It was missing two pegs but, on contacting the seller, a prompt reply promised the missing items would be sent.
on 4 February 2016
Lovely product and very nice wood ( could have done with some markers to use with it )
on 19 April 2017