Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 November 2013
I've bought the single edition, I may buy the double edition in the very near future, who knows. But! since I've already got the majority of the Kings songs on various other compilations I may not.

I would've definitely purchased the deluxe edition if as well as the photos in the deluxe set, there was also a DVD of the Nations Favourite Elvis Songs, along with the 2 disks. It would've cost a little more I know, but I think Sony missed a trick there personally. I thought the tie in with the Album alar the television show "The Nation's Favourite Elvis Songs was really put together very beautifully. So having that as a DVD with the two disks and the terrific photos set of the King would've definitely persuaded me to buy the deluxe edition.

Anyway, on the edition I have purchased you get 20 beautifully remastered editions of some of Elvis Presley's most memorable and majestic songs, also the version of An American Trilogy sounds like a cleaned up live version to me, (with only a little crowd noise at the very start and at the very end) to the Hawaii version that I've come to love, which is pretty cool, since I've already got that version. Omissions I would've included especially on the deluxe edition would've been the brilliant - Trouble from the movie King Creole. But as a whole the 20 selections here are terrific, especially if you really just want a taste of how brilliant this man was, also great to have early 50's material and 70's material on a compact 20 track album to. Top marks for that.

Anyway, if this album stirs young and old into investigating the Kings back catalogue than this album has done it's job.
on 6 December 2013
To be honest, I gave it only 4 stars to stand out against the other album that has 20 more songs on it. The one star review had it nailed. Why pay for 20 songs, when you can pay the same price for 40?.

It's nothing to do with moaning about Elvis or anything about him. It's about Amazon taking it's customers for a ride, and selling them short at times, like they have done with me this past month. They should be pointing us to the deals, not selling parts of them...!
on 21 November 2013
I watched the top 20 on tv and bought back lots if memories to different stages in my life so just had to buy it and it doesn't disappoint a really good buy.
on 11 November 2013
An Absolutely brilliant selection of some of Elvis Presley's greatest songs. Only thing missing is a bonus dvd. Great gift!!!
on 5 March 2014
Love this cd. Ok I may have the songs on other Elvis cds but these were voted by the public.
Unfortuatley they dont tell you where the songs rated in the listings. Good price for the cd.
Recommend to all fans.
on 11 December 2013
A big fan of Elvis, he died when i was 14 i was gutted didn't stop crying for ages. love everything about Elvis i have my very own
shrine dedicated to Elvis in my dinning room The Nation's Favourite Elvis Songs is now part of mycollection thank you a brilliant cd.
on 6 July 2014
Like Elvis then you willlove this cd. Not all of my favourites but quite a few. One of my friends was at my house when i was playing it and she wanted it to. So i got it as a little extra gift for her birthday.
on 30 December 2013
I brought this as a christmas present for my friend who is a die hard Elvis fan, when I see this CD with Elvis nations favourite selection of songs I thought that I have just got to get this for my friend and I am so glad I did.
on 20 March 2014
I'm not a big Elvis fan, I like some of his stuff and as this CD contains most of the best of his releases there are a few tracks that I quite like. I actually bought the CD as a present for my wife who is a big Elvis fan and she loves this CD. She plays this in her car constantly and is invariably humming one of the songs whilst going about her business around the house. A good CD if you are an Elvis fan and like to sing along.
So I gave it 4 stars because I got a shed load of brownie points when I bought it for her.
on 5 November 2013

Rock-on, Elvis- as
we all say...OLAY!

BY
DARRYL ASHTON
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse