on 26 September 2013
This came in the estimated time given, so happy with service.
I have been watching the TV series and enjoying it very much. I felt the need to have the book so I could try out the spicy new recipes myself. I realise I could go on line and get them or print them off, but I thought the cook book would be easier to have and store. I am pleased I did get it now, as the book is great. It is very easy to read and follow the instructions. The photos are very colourful and helpful, so you can see finished dish. It also helps me remember bits from the show.
The few dishes I have tried so far have been yummy. People have asked to borrow book already, but I have photo copied recipes as I am afraid it's such a good read I might not get it back! 😗
A great addition to my cook book collection and one I will keep going back to! 😊
on 8 October 2013
These lads, along with Atul Kochhar, have opened my eyes to the possibilities of spices, heat and new flavours. The BBC Two programme that accompanied this book was a treat. It was a bit cheesy and they played up to the camera of course, but it was the first episode that prompted me to buy the book. I've thoroughly enjoyed every recipe I've made so far and I can't wait to try more.

Now, two gripes I have with the recipes I've tried are that the oven temperatures and the cooking times were way out. They all required a higher temperature and a longer cooking time.I always add notes next to recipes to fine tune them for my oven and style. These comments didn't deserve a star rating lower though.

Finally, if you've got an electric spice grinder with a clear top, cassia bark is so tough, the top of my grinder has scratch frosted over so much I can't see through it.

By the book. It's inspiring.
on 30 September 2013
It all started with the Tv show. My son watched an episode with me and enjoys cooking. We drooled!

After the programme had finished we set about finding the book, and happily for us Amazon had a spare.

The book is written with the same sense of humour and fun evidenced in the series. It is well laid out and the recipes are easy to follow, Both my husband and 13 year old son have cooked dishes and we have all been pleased with the results. Ingredients are readily available from supermakets with the exception of 'amchoor', but we do live in Northern Ireland.

I like the fact that this book is based on British dishes and how to use the correct mix of spice to enhance the flavour. For example, the use of cardamom and vanilla in a bread pudding . As both chefs point out that using spice does not always mean burning your mouth! Its British with a dash of Indian. Perfect.

I have also enjoyed reading the book, it is filled with little anecdotes about themseves and the people they met along their journey. My son found it very funny each time they asked someone if they could spice their dish. Everyone agreed, but were not happy, but were absolutely delighted with the end result. He wishes they would come and cook for us. We also found useful the info on spices, how to chose, buy and use,

All in all a great book, Highly recommended by me and worth its place on the shelf. I look forward to using for inspiration for years to come.
on 2 May 2017
Just fantastic,great menus and lots of other information for food lover's and easy to follow recepies, good website also.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 July 2017
Recipes by the two spice masters, incorporating seasonal British produce, creating recipes using spices for a Brit twist.
Lovely book, as well as recipes.
More of these two on TV please!
on 24 January 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for a neighbour as he is Scottish!! He is also quite a good cook and likes to experiment. So far he has only read, as has his young family, who also has a Chef in tow, no doubt there may be some ideas heading there way to the family meal and also the restaurant! Had a sneak bite of the curry.spice chips but did roasted potatoes. Would definitely do them, and thinking of buying the book for myself at some point too.
on 2 October 2013
This is quite simply one of the best recipe books ever, it is so well set out and colourful easy to follow. This book is not only full of recipes that anyone can have a go at it informs you about the herbs and spices origins and uses. The ingredients are easily available (nothing worse than a recipe with ingredients only available in a London emporium when you live in Scotland), and stocked in most supermarkets. In summary you won't go wrong with this one.
on 6 December 2015
A great book at a good price. Really cant wait to try out the recipes
3 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2014
Bought this for my husband, having watched the TV series. The recipes are a spiced twist on some British classics and all the recipes are good and easy to follow. Helps to have seen the TV series as the authors' eccentric character drives you through the book.
3 people found this helpful
on 14 April 2014
Bought the book based on having worked with Tony many, many years ago. Even back then his was a passion for food and taste were 2nd to none. I've tried several of the recipes and can confirm they are VERY tasty!! I've got his 2nd book on my wish list and think I may have to join the gym before too long....excellent stuff! Certainly would recommend to those gifted with the gift of taste...