on 1 December 2013
The Fargos return for an adventure in South America, where an accidental discovery sets them at odds with a mysterious collector. As recent Clive Cussler novels go, it's not a bad little adventure, although there are holes when you look too closely.

The story itself is quite plausible and fits the traditional Cussler setup, which was a good early indication that it was going to be a good adventure. The characters are slightly more realistic than they've been before in this series, being cardboard cutouts.

Where the book falls down is in the detail - the motivation of the baddies is thin and their backgrounds are vague. There are places where problems could be easily solved with the application of modern technology, and one scene in the UK makes an error that a tiny bit of research would have spotted. It's disappointing that a mistake in something that I do know about makes me doubt what the book tells me about subjects, such as the Mayans, that I don't know a lot about.

Overall I've rather enjoyed this adventure, and think it's probably the best in the Fargo series so far.
on 17 March 2017
This was one of three Clive Cussler books I bought for my dad for Christmas
Devils Gate,
The Mayan Secrets and Poseidon Arrow
I had these sent to dad as part of a Christmas gift and he read all three very quickly.
If you are looking at Clive Cusslers books you already know the topic and style of his writing.
Approval from my dad,, he loves this author
on 11 October 2017
good book
on 17 August 2017
I'm a fan great read
on 15 September 2017
great goes with my collection
on 17 June 2017
this item was as good as all clive cussler books