on 6 May 2015
Originally posted at: https://lindeay.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/taking-chances/

This is the third book in the series I review, and they have all been rather enjoyable. All the small adventures Kate and her friend Holly get up to are varied and realistic. They are both love horses and the storyline is neatly tied up to the barn Timber Ridge. Up until this book the story has mostly been focused on the girls and their horses, as well as trouble cast in by the antagonist Angela. In Taking Chances, it started to be more about Kate and boys. In earlier books the “normal teenage life with school and boys and drama has been featured but in “Taking Chances” it seemed to be more prolific than the horses and the story going on there.
The story was again lighthearted and easy to follow. It was a short story and a very quick read, but a good length for a Middle Grade novel. The girls again was faced with some horse related trouble when Kate hurt her knee skiing, which might result in her being unable to qualify for a big horse show. Due to the injury, Kate has been banned for riding until the February, but the horse show she need to compete in is in late January. Holly is convinced that Kate will be well enough to ride by the time the horse show takes place, and together the two girls tries to find out how Kate can compete without Holly’s mother finding out. Also the antagonist, Angela shows a more three-dimensional character in this book when Kate helps her with a problem with her new horse.
on 3 January 2014
Classic dilemma--choose between two loved beings? Should Kate follow her father, now returned from faraway travels, to the other side of the country, which would mean selling Tapestry, her adored horse? This choice propels the plot of CHASING DREAMS along nicely, allowing us to have a poignant glimpse behind the scenes of the Dean family on the way. Angela's little sister is a whole lot nicer than Angela, and I hope she is going to return to the series, hopefully to out-ride her big sister. Another good read in the series.
on 9 April 2014
Another great book from Maggie Dana in this fab horse series !I would recommend this book to any horsey teen that just wants a good read !!!!!!! LOVE IT !!!!
on 21 November 2013
Another easy reading story in this series of timber ridge riding books. She makes the characters quite loveable that you want to keep reading till you finish the book.
on 1 September 2013
I loved this book it is interesting exciting and cliff hanging I would recommend it to any one who likes horses

Ellie age 10
on 5 December 2014
I loved it! Brilliant series, but you probably have to be UTTERLY CRAZY about horses like I am to love it as much as I do.
on 7 September 2013
I have read all of the timber ridge riders so far and all of them are great and I can't wait for the the next one
on 27 April 2014
It was a very good read a lot of it I could relate to ,as a youngster I rode for some one and could not ride my own
on 20 July 2014
Well written and totally awesome. I think that this is one of the best books I have ever read. Just amazing.
on 26 August 2013
I loved the book so much and I hope you write a million trillion more timber ridge riders books love it