Size: 20cm OTG+20cm Strom|Colour Name: black - Für Micro-USB-Anschluss|Change

on 31 December 2013
Works as described, it allows to connect an external hard drive to a tablet (ASUS MC400 in this case), providing an external power source to the drive, as the tablet it self does not supply enough power. What's more, and contrary to the product description, the tablet is being charged at the same time. I suppose this depends on several factors, such the tablet model and how each tablet reacts to having a device connected to the data connections of the USB port while at the same time an external power source is also connected and/or the power supply user. In my case it works both ways (external drive connected and functioning AND tablet being recharged).
I was getting desperate since I upgraded my old external disk drive, which had a dedicated power supply, to a new Western Digital Passport, which feeds directly (and exclusively) from the USB port, and could not put it to work with the ASUS tablet. Theoretically the power supplied by the tablet would be enough to feed the disk drive, but either the tablet provides lower than nomincal current, or the disk consumes more, either way it didn't work with two different disk drives (Toshiba and Western Digital) I tried. With this cable and the external power supply, it works.
on 13 August 2016
The description implied that I would be able to connect a USB device (in my case, a mouse) to my Android tablet AND charge the tablet at the same time. SADLY THIS DOESN'T WORK. I can connect a mouse OR charge the tablet - but not at the same time. Even that seems to depend on the order in whiuch things are connected - but it comes with no instructions, so I don't really know whether it's performing as intended or whether it's faulty. It doesn't do anything which I couldn't already do with separate cables. [I suppose that it might possibly provide power to an external USB device such as a disk drive, but I have no way of testing that.] I provided feedback direct to the suppliers but they haven't replied. AVOID!

USB OTG cable for Samsung Galaxy Tab black Für Micro-USB-Anschluss 20cm OTG+20cm Strom
on 9 October 2013
I needed this cable for my Nexus 7 tablet quickly. It allows OTG + Charging.

This cable sells for around £2 on ebay, shipped from China, so it'll take a couple weeks to get to the UK. So, I went for this one on amazon.

I was not told this would ship from Germany, it resulted in quite slow shipping : one week (including weekend).

This cable, while well made, sells for more than £8, which is I think expensive for a short cable.

However, it works as advertised.
on 15 May 2014
Working for my Nvidia Shield and got it in a week. (Sweden).

Using a USB hub and 4 wired Xbox 360 controller for some old school 4 player gaming.
PSX, N64, Mame and Sega Mega Drive.
on 4 November 2015
For those that believe this cable doesn't work, it's probably your device that doesn't support it.

It doesn't work in my Moto G or a friends Nokia 930, but it does work in a Nexus 7. Also you might have to play with combinations, for example, my Nexus 7 recognised some USB sticks, only when the USB stick is plugged in before the power line is plugged in.

Also, if you are in need of a cable that can power a device quickly, this one is probably not for you. When it's plugged into the Nokia, Windows Mobile notifies you that the device is charging slowly.
on 26 November 2015
I bought this to plug in a USB stick to use an antenna with the FlightAware Android software and it's perfect but even though I plugged in a power source into the other cable it still zaps the battery
on 22 May 2015
I got this lead for my nvidia shield tablet so i can charge it and use a full size usb device at the same time, paired with a four port usb hub it even lets me charge another device at the same, its well made and works perfectly and so far ive no complaints at all
on 25 March 2014
Simple and very usefull. I wanted something that I could charge my tablet and at the same time connect a memory stick in order to use files directly from it rather than having to transfer to the tablet. This simple little device is one of the most useful things you can get. If feels like it of good quality also.
on 2 November 2015
I bought two of these for my Galaxy Tab one as a spare, however after trying one of them it destroyed my usb memory stick and now the usb stick wont work in any of my devices, I would avoid this Item.
on 16 October 2015
This cable is superb, just what i've been after. I've used it with my HTC One M8s to transfer files from the Garmin Edge 800 to the phone, where I can upload them directly to Strava via the file upload feature on the Strava website. This saved me lugging my laptop half way across Europe. Now yes, i know that the Edge 810 and Edge 1000 can upload direct from the device, but the batteries don't last half as long at they do in the Edge 800 so all round a great solution to the problem