on 28 January 2014
I suppose if your not Scottish you might not get how funny he really is, especially if you didn't grow up in places similar to his. But I still think you would find him funny, but maybe not as funny as we do.... I just hope he keeps going and has more stories to tell. My husband and I (who is not Scottish, but has lived here for a long time) laughed our way through both shows. He's funny and smart, oh and we loved his version of "The Saprano's" intro only driving through Glasgow!!
6 people found this helpful
on 14 January 2013
Kevin Bridges gets it spot on with his Glasgow based brand of humour. The DVD is was shot in Glasgow and so the humour is slanted towards his life there. However, don't be put off by this - the comedy is very generic but there are some subtle things that you'll get if you've lived/grown up around Glasgow.

His stories of sitting on a bus or walking down Sauchiehall Street as a student are funny because they are true. I've experienced the same myself. The local variations of words like "Dogging" are sure to confuse but he explains things well.

I think all celebrity interviews should end with the classic "Didjya?!? Aye!"

His style is definitely observational comedy and very much like a modern Billy Connolly (who I think is hilarious too). Both have that great Glasgow wit and cynicism.
on 16 December 2014
This guy is just so funny. Young talented and going down a storm everywhere he plays! Kevin makes me laugh so much my sides ache!
You can remember yourself, parent's, Teachers or your pals all doing or saying the things he talks about.

Takes you back to hysterical schooldays, work days, party days, nights out etc etc.

Exceptionally funny. Go for it!!
on 26 February 2015
Showing Kevin Bridges at his best. I think the accent adds that little extra to his act :0) along with the stories, jokes and bad language, it all completes what Kevin has to give to his audience, keeping them laughing until it hurts. I recommend this double set DVD that comes with some great extras that need to be watched as well
on 30 December 2012
After seeing Kevin Bridges on a brief TV appearance, we bought his first DVD. It was hilarious. We saw him live in Newcastle in October and he was brilliant. This DVD does not disappoint. My husband and I,our daughter and her boyfriend were in stitches from start to finish. For such a young man, he has an amazingly mature ability. Minor problem was the DVD as it would not play extras.
on 8 June 2013
Great stuff from this young comedian. His take on life's trials is guaranteed to make you laugh out loud. Word of warning though, if you are offended by swearing, forget it! It is littered with bad language. But some jokes/anecdotes NEED a bit of flowery language to make it funny. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and could watch it again when in need of a laugh.
on 19 August 2017
My husband and I laughed all the way through this, it didn't disappoint!
on 25 January 2014
If you want a good laugh then this is the man. He's hilarious. I got this for my grandson who is 19 years old and he just loved it. Thoroughly recommend this DVD set.
3 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2013
Watched bits of this a few times.
The picture and sound are crisp as you would expect with a Blu-ray but more importantly the content is great
The only down-side is that he swears much more in this DVD-Perhaps he is trying to grasp Connelly's crown!
Certainly he is a worthy succesor to Connelly because of his observational style
on 11 December 2016
Bought this as a gift for my brother and he said it was hugely entertaining. Kevin Bridges at his best.