on 10 February 2014
Have had my virus protection/firewall for a month with no problems.
However, Kaspersky must do something about their awkward interface.
Surely it would be a simple matter for them to improve their users' experience ?
on 4 November 2013
I started to use Kaspersky 2012 and thought what a great product it was. I upgraded to KIS 2013 and found that the full scan was taking a tad too long and had a few other niggles with it. But KIS 2014 is much better. The user doesn't have to go into various options, as most options are now set at the recommended level.
Quite simply, KIS 2014 is a great product. I don't understand why people think it's 'buggy'. I installed the product and had no issues.
The anti-banner is very effective - perhaps a little too much, as KIS 2014 blocked Sky.com. The full scan is quicker than the 2013 version. When using Kaspersky, I feel that my computer is properly protected.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 3 September 2015
Platform: Frustration-Free Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Kaspersky Internet security suite 3 device (2014)

The package.
This is a comprehensive computer protection package with the added advantage that it will also protect tablets and Android devices. There is also a disk for Mac computers in the package. This package will cover up to 3 devices.

Installation.
On my PC with Windows 7 64bit it installed very quickly and immediately updated to the latest signatures. I already had a previous account with Kaspersky so did not need to register again. If this is a brand new package you will need to go through a simple registration process in order to get updates etc. just like any other package.
Even though this is a 2014 package mine updated to the latest version when connected to the internet.

Multi device functions.
The disk allows you to protect up to 5 devices in a mix and match fashion. This can be done by using the disk for computers or wirelessly for phones and tablets using a download and a code to log into your product. It’s a bit fiddly but work well once you understand the process. I managed to install it on to my Google Nex easily and on the first scan it picked up loads of Malware.

Scanning.
You can do a quick scan, deep full system scan or custom scan. The speed will depend on your system and its overall speed but on my main PC with an i5 CPU, 256Gb SSD, 2 TB HDU and 16 Gb or RAM it took just over an hour to do the first full system scan. I consider that to be pretty good as my previous AVG setup would take two hours plus. On the first scan it did find lots of Malware and a couple of viruses that AVG had missed !

Performance.
It’s hard to test a virus scanner but since loading it everything has stopped by Kaspersky and it just deals with any problems without me doing anything. I have read several computer magazine tests and it has always come out top for protection and ease of use. This gives me some confidence in using the system and Kaspersky is well respected along with Norton. We have both of them at work and the IT guys always recommend either of them for home use.
It also scans in the background so does not slow your computer up too much. Gone are the days where you have to let it run all night and can’t do much else while it scans. It has an intelligent CPU algorithm that lets it use spare capacity and hands back the bandwidth if the user needs it. I do a lot of picture editing and even while it is scanning the machine only slows a little even with large images and lots of layers working.
There are lots of features and parental controls as well so the protection can be configured. Kaspersky offer a help system in case a user runs into problems. The system is updated automatically and a boot disk can be made to bring your computer back to life in the event of a catastrophe.

Overall.
I am very happy with this and the flexibility it has given me to protect other items I have. Just to point out once you have started the software on one device all the other licences run concurrently so they all run out at the same time. Overall it’s doing the job well, does not slow my machine and gives me a reassuring message that is looking out for attacks on the net. This package has everything and is great value if you set up 3 devices together.
VINE VOICEon 8 August 2015
Whereas I remember reviewing this when it first cameo out, this is not so much a product associated with a year, but a licence to download the latest version for 12 months.
I have no hesitation in recommending this product.. I have lots of PC's and Kaspersky is always the security product of choice for me. It is minimal īn its use of system resources so that your computer still runs as fast as possible whilst offering the highest level of protection for your data.
Internet Security provides real time anti-virus protection, a Firewall, anti-adware, spyware and all other types of malware protection.
It works on PC's, Macs and Android devices, also offering protection for your lost or stolen android phone.
The user interface is simple and straight forward and once installed and turned on it offers the best protection 24/7.
As soon as you install it run a full system scan so that you know you are starting from a truly virus free point, and then it will detect and quarantine anything else that comes along.
This is supplied in a simple cardboard sleeve, shrink wrapped to reduce waste and offers 1 licence on 1 product for 1 year.
For sheer low cost and high protection buy Kaspersky - you cannot afford to take the risk of not having it!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 August 2015
This is the 2014 edition although 2015 is the current version and 2016 is due for release within a few weeks (before October 2015). In any event, technically out-of-date, you can download the 2015 edition quite legitimately and upgrade to it using the supplied key. For that reason, it may be offered at a reduced price.

This is the one-year, one PC package but owners of several devices will find that the 3 PC or 5 PC alternatives will prove more economical per machine. This also happens to be PC only and not Mac, an option on the multi-PC packs.

Kaspersky Internet Security offers more than its simpler and less expensive Anti-Virus package which forms the core of this bundle. In additon to its A-V functions, it includes e-mail, phishing, anti-rootkit and anti-Trojan protection plus a Safe Money function that will help with any on-line purchases by protecting ID, card numbers etc.

The software is provided on CD but for those systems that do not have any form of optical drive you can download and install the trial direct from Kaspersky and use the licence key from the package when required to do so. During initial installation, the software checks for any later edition of this version which it will download and install subject to your agreement. Later versions typically include minor improvements and occasionally some additional functionality. Installation is fairly simple but a reboot upon completion is usually required after which some additional installation routines will be run. You should check for any available A-V definition updates as these will not initially be automatically downloaded; there is a settings option to have these run automatically on a daily basis.

As an A-V solution, Kaspersky's is the one most often used by the professionals and the most trusted. It may not be the biggest selling A-V product or the one that will necessarily be offered in-store but is superior to just about anything that may be suggested as an alternative.

From a user's aspect, it can be trusted to tell the truth and not to mislead about virus infections that do not exist or tell you that something is not infected when it actually is. In most instances where a problem is found, it will offer several options including disinfecting the file (if possible), deleting or ignoring it among others. The decision is yours and may depend on just how dangerous the risk may be - there are advice pop-ups to help.

If you need to protect a single PC, this is your best option.
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2015
Having previously used Mcafee, I decided to change to Kaspersky. Kaspersky Security certainly gives peace of mind in a turbulent
medium like the internet.

I had researched all the options and the reviews on informed PC and Tech magazines gave positive reports about Kaspersky.

I needed it for my PC on which I do all my professional work, and it was very easy to install, following the prompts on screen, along
the way. Mindful, that you have to remove your previous internet security, from the laptop prior to installation.
Having been in use for ten days, I have not noticed any decrease in speed or performance on my computer.
I particularly welcomed the user friendly interface and clarity of status of the computer.
I have organized automatic updates and scans, which saves the headache of not forgetting to do it. The scan can, depending on
volume,can take up to a couple of hours.

I am entirely satisfied with the product. Recommended,
VINE VOICEon 14 August 2015
Having just up graded to Windows 10 I thought it was time to upgrade my Internet Security.
This disc uploaded really fast... but I found that the 2014 version of Kaspersky Security does not work with Windows 10.
So after a little panic..I checked the Kaspersky website to find a version that works with Windows 10.. downloaded this. A free 30 trial. Was pleased to find that the serial number that comes with the 2014 version actually upgraded the free to to 365 days.
Having done all this I have found this Security pack to work well, fast and with clear instructions.
on 30 December 2013
The 2014 package is in a cardboard envelope and easier to open than the cellophane-wrapped CD case, however I would still have bought this product even without that. I bought Kaspersky for the first time some years ago based on reviews on IT sites, excellent security and reasonably easy to access IT support if you should need it. It is easy to install - now that I've finally worked out that you can uninstall the old product and install the new but not activate the new until the date you actually need it - in fact, it then automatically activates. On that note, I think the installation wizard has been improved for the 2014 version. It asks if you want to keep your existing licensing info, which I don't remember seeing on earlier versions. I will probably keep on buying Kaspersky until given a good reason not to!
on 4 October 2015
Decent enough IS package. Does everything you need in a domestic situation. Good coverage over three devices and I like the frustration free packaging aspect. Old version now of course, but still pretty capable and if you can pick this up cheaper than the 2015 version, you should be able to download the new version and activate with it the keycode in this one.
on 11 November 2013
So far so good. Arrived quickly. Easy to install. Easy to run. Working great
Would recommend buying this for your computer