Customer reviews

on 29 September 2017
Great value at £14 plus delivery for a box set containing the concert on blu ray,double DVD and double cd.
on 26 April 2017
Nobody does 'live' like Devin - superb.
on 27 October 2013
Wonderfully entertaining concert.Yeah it's theatrical, but it's the performance and selection of the songs that make it memorable for me. One you can watch over and over again.
on 28 January 2017
This live DVD is just an audio and visual assault on the senses. It shows Devins fun but serious approach to music and his intention to put on a show. As a Prog rock fan more than a metal fan I wasn't sure if I'd like it but his music transcends many genres and whilst heavy in the main , it retains melody. Personally I feel the addition of Anneke's voice to the music is sensational! To hear those angelic tones over a soaring metal riff is wonderful. A great watch and impressed me so much that I bought the Royal Albert Hall Blue ray and intend to add much more DTP to my collection.
on 25 February 2014
Absolutely superb package. Limited to only couple of thousand, so grab yourself one!
The Blu-Ray is excellent (and pretty much makes the DVDs included redundant) and the double live CDs haven't been off my stereo! A must for all Hevy Devy fans and newcomers alike. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
(Anywhere else I looked for this package, it was well over £100, so it's a bargain too!)
on 20 August 2014
Great show and I'm so annoyed that I missed seeing it live.
The whole performance is brilliant, but then again it IS devvy we're talking about here, it was so interesting visually and the music... Well, I don't need to tell you guys... Buy it now. You won't regret it.
on 14 April 2015
This is the ultimate Devin Townsend experience. Here you have a "musical" built on various work from all of Devin's solo career, and even songs from Strapping Young Lad. If you love Devin (like I do) you'll love this.
on 30 March 2014
This blu-ray is a must for any Devin Townsend fan who couldn't afford the ludicrously packaged limited edition of this show, which is an awesome retrospective of Devy's career so far. Pure genius.
on 27 October 2014
Bought this purely on a whim, heard one track (Grace) and purchased the box. Sooooo glad that I did, Devin and Anneke have more orders comming their way on the strength of this.
on 20 December 2013
You wouldn't be here already if you weren't a fan of this musical magician's to begin with, so there's no need to tell you how AWESOME he is. The real deal you're here to hear is the product details...

So...shall we?.......As with many box sets, it comes in a cardboard box! The innards fold out and house the discs in the standard clear plastic disc tray things with images from the show and other artwork underneath it all. It's a fairly standard layout and it feels sturdy and well made. There are 5 discs in total, the show fits it's High definition gonads onto the Blu-Ray in one go, the DVD's are split between the two halves of the show and of course the two CD's are also split in the same way. My second DVD skips on the last song, which is a shame, but I have the Blu-Ray still, and a Blu-Ray player, so it doesn't really matter as I'll never use the DVD's again anyway and is most likely not a standard feature of all copies!

There is also a booklet included with photo's from the show (That I'm insanely gutted I missed in person) and lyrics for all the featured songs, an unusual but welcome addition for a Live Blu-Ray especially as I was unfamiliar with at least the SYL songs...which were FANTASTIC by the way.

The show itself comes in at about two and a half hours featuring songs from all of Devin's career including two strapping young lad songs and extending all the way up to his most recent release 'Epicloud' from which several songs appear.

With an artist as prolific as Devin there's bound to be some songs you wished were on here that aren't as there simply wouldn't be time to include every great one. My own personal sense of loss was in realising there was no rendition of 'Bad Devil' or 'Hide Nowhere', there was also an unfortunate absence of any music from 'Terria' or 'Accelerated Evolution'. Nonetheless there is PLENTY of fantastic tune-age to get your rocks off to here.

Epically loud, infinitely great, synchestrally addicted...I could go on...oh yeah, did I mention plenty of Ziltoid? No I didn't, that's why I mentioned it just then, he's here in spades, with a little surprise for the fans too...

There is also a featurette on the making of the show, it's about a half hour long and a great look into the production with interviews from the 'choir' members and the band themselves.

All in all it's a fantastic show and a great little box set. I got it for about thirty quid which was well worth the money. Even though the five discs all contain the same material it's handy having a Blu-Ray and the CD's as I can import the CD to iTunes for getting my retina's circussed on the go. At least I could if my laptop disc tray worked, but it doesn't...not that you wanna know about that, you wanna know if you should buy this and you know what? YOU SO SHOULD!